“Perfect place for a birthday brunch”
Review of Ouland Royale

Ouland Royale
Ranked #19 of 105 Restaurants in Plettenberg Bay
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Magical Barn ,homecooked food made with love,special cakes,delicious breakfasts.Everything homemade inhouse.
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Popped in to celebrate a birthday, based on a recommendation. It is a lovely venue, just a few minutes drive outside Plett, looking over some lovely countryside. Ouland Royale is set in its own extensive grounds, which include a lovely pond below the restaurant. We were able to sit outside on the verandah, so a perfect setting for our celebration. The service was quick and friendly and the food we ordered for our brunch was excellent. We noticed that there was a beautiful hall inside, which I believe is a popular venue for weddings. I can believe that. Really great spot.

oulandroyale, Owner at Ouland Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

thanks Brian we really appreciate your lovely review

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Magnificent lunch with my grandmother, very well catered for considering I am a vegan. Every effort was made by staff and kitchen. Will definitely return, THANK YOU!

oulandroyale, Owner at Ouland Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

thank you for your heartwarming words

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

You cannot help but love the quirky boho shabby chic overtones and gorgeous setting of Ouland Royale.
Service always comes with a smile, and portions are generous and well-priced.
The smooth bluesy jazz complements the setting perfectly.
So why four rather than five stars? Simply put, it's a problem I've had with every breakfast in Plett; no one seems capable of providing eggs that are soft without being runny, or eggs that are soft without being hard.
I swear, the next restaurant we go to for breakfast, I'm cooking my own eggs.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Wow wow amazing chocolate cake filled and topped with the most amazing ganache. Thanks Wilja for my new favourite teatime treat. Will definately be back

oulandroyale, Owner at Ouland Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thanks so much Kirsty
It means so much to me your kind words
X

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

We decided to try Ouland again after poor food 6 months ago
Yolanda was very good We ordered a mini breakfast and my partners a croissant with egg and crisp bacon
The croissant was badly burnt and upon asking it to be changed were told they were all like that !!!
The bacon was fatty and served on the plate like a dog's breakfast
Yolanda took orders , Lyndall serves good and some guy handled the bill
We told him the food was not good
He didn't react !
Not great at all

oulandroyale, Owner at Ouland Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Sorry about the bad food and service
I do choose to use fatty bacon as it tastes better
Please send me your bank details as I would like to refund you