Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$94
View deal
PricelineUS$99
eDreamsUS$94
Agoda.comUS$99
StayForLong
Travelocity
All reviews garden route lookout beach stunning location spent nights wonderful stay lagoon views
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2020 via mobile

I have always admired this place as it was on my bucket list on places to have a romantic getaway with hubby.... but i could never get a booking as they were always fully booked with overseas guests.

Finally low and behold we got in, and boy oh boy was it worth the wait. From the moment we walked into Reception we felt and were treated like VIP guest. We booked one of the upstairs ocean view rooms, and the view was magnificent to say the least, waking up with the ocean in the morning is so soothing.

Beverley and Alicia at the front desk was so friendly and helpfull, nothing was to much for them, from the glorious breakfast to the amazing housekeeping staff, thank you and well done.

Will most definitely be back soon

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bev Concierge, Guest Services / Front Office at Milkwood Manor on Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2020

Dear mermaid

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate every little feedback from our guests. Hopefully you and your better half will be back soon.

Kind regards

Milkwood Manor Team

Reviewed 21 October 2020

I attempted to make a booking at Milkwood for December. My experience was less than stellar. I'm a travel consultant, so these things matter to me. The service I get when booking usually directly correlates to the service my clients get when they check in.

I saw availability online, but I prefer to book directly so I called Milkwood. I spoke to Reservationist One. She assured me that the room was available and that we could hold it overnight while I waited to received payment from the client I was booking for. She asked me to send the details in an email to Reservationist Two, who was standing by to receive it. I did this before I'd ended the call.

The following day, having received payment from the client on a booking I believed to be confirmed, I emailed to ask for the invoice with payment details. I received no response, so I called them. I spoke to Reservationist Two this time, who informed me that the room I wanted 'had been sold out for ages', but that they would help with other dates.

I was unhappy. Very unhappy. When I questioned how this could be, I was told that no reservation had been made for the room when I'd called the day before. I protested in the strongest terms, and was told that Reservationist Two would call me back. I was surprised to hear that she had my number FROM THE EMAIL I'D SENT. How, I questioned heatedly, could they have received my email but made no reservation? She responded by hanging up on me. Admittedly, I was yelling a bit by this stage. Wouldn't you be?

I called back to ask for the owner's details so that I could complain properly, and spoke to Reservationist One. I recognised her voice and she confirmed that I'd spoken to her the day before and that the room HAD been available, but that they work on a live system and the room had been booked out before they received my email (sent, remember, while I was ON the phone with her the previous day).

"So, which is it?", I asked. Res2 tells me the room was sold out ages ago. Res1 tells me that the room was available but then was gone before they saw my email. Instead of answering, I was informed that 'nothing is confirmed until you get a confirmation email'. Which completely belies everything said to be the day before, when I was assured the room would be kept for me/my client. I gave up and demanded the details of the owner, which I was given. I have been unable to speak to this person and she has made no attempt to call me.

I don't need to tell anyone how hard the last 8 months have been on the travel industry. What travel consultants like me DON'T need right now is obfuscation and buck-passing by the very people we're trying to support.

Mistakes happen. A simple response to my email sent the day before stating 'oops - that room is actually booked, sorry' would have prevented a lot of drama. Now I've had to disappoint my client and go back to square one with her booking.

I won't be bothering Milkwood Manor with any requests in future. I can't trust them to respect my clients because they didn't respect me.

Reviewed 17 October 2020 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Milkwood Manor. The room was comfortable and the views were great. The staff were friendly and attentive. Breakfast was superb! Would come back here for sure!

The location is central and fairly close to most popular attractions in Plettenberg Bay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bev Concierge, Guest Services / Front Office at Milkwood Manor on Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2020

Dear Grizzie

Thank you for your lovely review and great compliment regarding our staff and guesthouse, please visit us again soon.

Milkwood

Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

My family and I spent 5 nights at Milkwood Manor and loved every minute. The location is excellent, you step out a gate directly onto the beach. It is also central situated so that you can easily walk into town. The views are fantastic and the service from the receptionist to the servers in the restaurant was fabulous, nothing was too much trouble. They offer private parking for guests and even have somebody clean your car everyday. The owner Nonie was really lovely and friendly and the whole place was spotless. I would highly recommend the hotel and can’t wait to visit again.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Tania

Thank you for your beautiful review, we loved having your family stay with us for the nights. Hopefully we will have you back on our golden beaches very soon.

Milkwood

Reviewed 24 February 2020

We were so looking forward to our stay "on the beach", we had booked sea-view rooms and, having stayed before, we knew it would be beautiful. However, the weather had different ideas, we had nearly 2 days of solid rain on our visit :-(
That of course wasn't the hotel's fault but we know it could have been so much better in the sun! The rooms were beautifully appointed and the staff very helpful. This is an outstanding location.
The only disappointment was the continental breakfast selection - cubed fruit, yoghurt, cured meats and bread - no pastries or other options. The cooked breakfast options were very good though.

Room tip: Rooms on the second floor can use a small lounge area
Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank Sheila F

Dear Sheila

Thank you for your review, your concerns about the breakfast has been taken up with our breakfast chef.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the summer, when the sun is out and the beaches are full.

Milkwood Manor