“meeting place”

Mugg & Bean
Ranked #44 of 108 Restaurants in Plettenberg Bay
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 15 November 2018

food fair price good breakfast service above average
variety excellent, this is the 5th the we as a family have eaten breakfast

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

On holiday passing through from Tsitsikamma to Knysna, sadly woke up with flu. Stopped off at the center for get some meds at Clicks pharmacy, Corenza C effervescent was suggested by the pharmacist. Being on holiday without access to a glass to dissolve my corenza c, I asked the waiter at Mugg and Bean if I could use a glass or even a take away cup (I had my own water) just to dissolve my tablet. I was bluntly told ‘only if you buy something’ ... are you kidding me? Is this what the world has come to? It would cost the restaurant absolutely nothing to let me use a cup or glass for 2mins to dissolve a tablet.

Very disappointed and rather disgusted that we as a human race so easily try make a buck off something that would cost you not even a cent.

Luckily walked a bit further to purchase a glass from PnP liquors, however there, without me having to ask I was offered to use a glass of theirs and even given water. Mugg and Bean could use a lesson in humanity from PnP liquor.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 17 March 2018

This South African Chain of coffee shops is always consistently good.
Unpretentious but good coffee and breakfasts.
The service is always friendly and good and the added bonus is that they have free Wifi so that you can communicate whilst eating.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Nothing special normal Mugg & Bean - Found my coffee served too hot for a cino, Italian Omlette almost looked like it did in the picture but not quite enough flavour or effort put in. Service was decent

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 2 February 2018

The Mugg and Bean is the same where ever I've been, the people are always friendly, the food tasty, and the service quick.

Date of visit: January 2018