“Dissapointed”

Lederle's Six on Main
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lederles' is a local family run eatery. We pride ourselves in Artisan Breads made by ourselves using sourdough ferments in place of yeast. We are famous for our Croissants, scones, Beef or Chicken Pot pies and our sandwiches. We are situated in Noel Centre - the road facing shop is a Yellow & Black labeled Health shop and we are down the Caltex side - walk way with the most spectacular view of the BAY.
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Sorry to say not up to expectation, been twice before as you will see with no issues.
This visit however was a disappointment, arrived seated quickly, menus were brought, and we ordered.

I chose a bottle of wine, waitress went away and then retuned to advise that it was not available, I choose another, again she returned after some 5 minutes to advise that my second choice was not available either. In then end I told her to simply bring one that was available.

We ordered a sharing platter, and then main courses each, we sat talking and watched as other people were seated and served, many finishing their meal before ours had arrived. The waitress could see we were getting frustrated and came to advise the kitchen was running 10 minutes behind, we had been waiting for 40!!

Starter arrived with one waiter and then the main courses all arrived immediately with another, so the sharing platter of cold meats was left in the middle while we ate our mains.

To be fair the food was very good and will give a thumbs up for quality.

We finished our mains and then our starter, and asked for a sweet menu, the waitress advised that they had no desserts?? despite a large cake being sat on one counter.

I honestly could not be bothered to argue, and we promptly paid the bill (I will add the wine I told the waitress to bring was not the cheapest) and went to another restaurant for a sweet and coffees.

So apart from good food an all around disappointment

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

Had my second hand crafted superburger here today and must say its the best gourmet burger i have ever had in SA.

Reviewed 23 November 2016

Lederle's is such a lovely, homely restaurant. I felt very welcome. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is of great quality. The amazing thing is that they make everything fresh. Especially their brownies are absolutely delicious. Best brownies I have ever eaten, and will ever eat.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

The french toast is made from homemade challah (egg) bread and was wonderful. The viw over the bay was beautiful. good value and servie.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

wonderful smoked chicken salad and the folks at Lederles went out of their way to find a soft bread for my dining partners toasted chicken mayo. Awsome as well