“A special place to Worship”

St Peters Anglican Church
Reviewed 27 December 2015

As we have access to a holiday home in Plettenberg Bay and we are Anglicans, my wife and I attend the 19th Century church of St Peters regularly when we are in the area. The church is a traditional Anglican building with a centre aisle. It is well loved and always beautifully decorated for festivals. We particularly like the way that palm branches are used to make an arch over the aisle on Palm Sunday.
The clergy and congregation are always welcoming and we have become known due to our frequent visits. A special feature is the choir- unusual I would say in a small town with a small church. They are always immaculately robed- with different garments for summer and winter. They lead the singing with skill and gusto and always perform an anthem.
Christmas day is always special at St Peters. The church is packed nearly half an hour before the choral service with an overflow enjoying a separate service in the church hall.
If we lived in Plettenberg Bay, St Peters would be our place of worship. It has friendly people and a sincerity in its Spirituality.

Reviewed 22 December 2015

This lovely church is apparently the oldest in South Africa, having been built in 1851. It's close to the main "hub" of Plett, on the road down from Main Street to the Plett Hotel. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

This is a really lovely old church and i really enjoyed my visit with the congregation and minister.you really feel comfortable and in a church that has seen a lot of good people there.

Reviewed 8 August 2015

i did met the rev . its the best food for my soul , he was kind help me and tell me the whole history of the church its unbelieveable to know so must about things around you, its got so must stories that you can tell your children,