“Stunning location, Food OK”
Review of Mobys

Mobys
Ranked #31 of 107 Restaurants in Plettenberg Bay
Price range: US$50 - US$450
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Casual dining On Central Beach Overlooking the Tsttsikama mountains Relax and enjoy schools of dolphins whilst selecting a meal from a vast menu
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Mobys really hava a superb location right on the beach. So if you sit by the window you will have an awesome view! We had a very friendly waiter whom we enjoyed a lot. The calamari and fish burger was just OK. No butter on the huge dry bun? It wasn't inedible, just OK. If they improve a little bit on the food this will be an awesome place! But still give them a try.

1  Thank lerina222

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First I went to the little snackcorner and ordered grilles fish, however they told me there wasnt any electricity so they couldnt make anything. I went inside the bigger restaurant (I tought it was another place) and they said oh there is no power but you can order grilled fish with salade. So I did, they turned around and walked away. Actually I had no idea if they took my order or how long it would take. I asked if I could pay and they told me it was much more than when i have ordered outside. I told them outside they said they didnt have fish. Aswell i wanted fries but there was only salade, and salade is more expensive cause its more. After a long time waiting i stoof up to see what was going on and i saw my take away box just standing there. I eyed the lady and she gave it to me, without cutlery. so again I had to ask for it. I opened the box, the fish was good but the ‘expensive big’ salade was 2 tomatoes and 1 piece of cucumber. I dont care about the price but what a service. Seriously.

1  Thank MiltonSpencer
Dianne V, Owner at Mobys, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

As the owners of Mobys we are shocked at the way you were treated.
We sincerely apologize for the unacceptable service you received
We will definitely follow up on the matter and Disciplinary action will be taken.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had the Calimarie special. Was excellent and value for money. Tha seafood platter can also be recommended

Dianne V, Owner at Mobys, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

The waiter was friendly, helpful and went the extra mile to ensure a pleasant experience. The food was great and to top it all off - an amazing view.

Dianne V, Owner at Mobys, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We went for lunch and sat downstairs next to the window that overlooks Central Beach. It’s beautiful and the grilled fish that I had was absolutely delicious. We will be back.

Date of visit: October 2018
Dianne V, Owner at Mobys, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

We look forward to your next visit
The Mobys Team