“Our Favorite Restaurant! ”
Review of Off the Hook

Off the Hook
Ranked #16 of 107 Restaurants in Plettenberg Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

This is my second visit and review for this restaurant since my last visit to SA. My husband and I were craving the burgers all the way in Germany! So when we came back we definitely needed to visit again! The food was out of this world to say the least! The burgers were done to perfection and the chips were the perfect crispiness; my husband had The Big Boss, I had The original and we shared fried jalapeños; coming from a woman who usually doesn’t like spice; I was blown away!

Service was also 10/10 our waiter was very attentive and friendly.

We’ll definitely be back in our next visit!

Date of visit: September 2018
iheartplett, Public Relations Manager at Off the Hook, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review! We'd love to be able to send you a takeaway burger in Germany!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Offthehook on your next visit!

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We went to Off The Hook on a recent trip to Plettenberg Bay.

Whilst the service was very good and very friendly, the food was not what I expected.

The food was really delicious, don’t get me wrong, but I do not think it is good value for money as there are many other restaurants that serve similar things, that taste just as good but you get a bigger portion sizes- therefore, like I said, in my opinion not good value.

I also had a side of butternut and spinach. The spinach was not great. Tasted like it had simply been microwaved. I would definitely recommend whoever is in charge looks into this.

Date of visit: September 2018
iheartplett, Manager at Off the Hook, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We tremendously appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We had stopped coming to Off the Hook because a few years ago found food and service pretty poor. Today called in for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. One odd thing - for a restaurant called "Off the Hook" - is that the vast majority of the menu is now burgers, i.e. not seafood or fish at all! My wife had one of the burgers and I had kingklip and chips. Both were pretty good.

I'm not sure whether, give the choice, I would go to Off the Hook or would take the easier option, Fat Fish, which has better views, better menu, better service etc, but for a change, Off the Hook does seem to now be an acceptable option.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Just stopped en route to our destination in Plettenberg and has the loveliest and tastiest lunch and milkshakes. The service was brilliant as well! Thank you

Date of visit: August 2018
iheartplett, Public Relations Manager at Off the Hook, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We're so pleased that you enjoyed your lunch and hope that you'll visit us again soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staff, brilliant service & lovely food. We had both takeaway and eat in food during our stay in plett & would recommend to anyone visiting!

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review of Offthehook. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your meals with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.