“Exquisite”
Review of Emily Moon

Emily Moon
Cuisines: African, French, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Emily’s is the most exquisite of dining halls. The spirit of Africa is in every archway, every antique table and in the collectors’ items which adorn every nook and cranny. Lunch by the pool or dine by candlelight and remember the experience for the rest of your life.
Reviewed 6 November 2018

A lovely restaurant for that special occasion / meal. It really is worth visiting in the early evening as the views over the river would be missed once it’s dark. The staff were welcoming, the menu, written on an oversized chalkboard, was excellent, the food itself, again excellent. The place is unusually furnished which makes the restaurant a one off.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

In general the Plettenberg Bay area was one of my favorite destinations on our three week trip and I loved Emily Moon River Lodge. Nestled in the hills overlooking the river, the property does not have an ocean view but it is charming, eclectic and lovely. I WISH I would have stayed a few nights here but we only had time for a brief stop over for one night on our trip.

Each room is an individual unit decorated in a unique manner. It has the feel of staying in someone’s home but with the comfort and pampering of a hotel or resort. We stayed in the James Suite and it was exactly as shown in the photos on their website, only better. The bathroom had both a tub, a separate shower inside and I believe there was an outdoor shower for the warmer months as well. The mattress was firm, in a good way and the linens were divine. The room was very spacious and cozy.

We arrived just as the sun was setting and the magic of the property started to shine. The staff was charming and so warm and welcoming. We checked in, were guided to our room and shown where everything was located. A welcome letter with two pieces of homemade fudge was sitting on a dish on the bed.

They made a dinner reservation for us so after getting situated we wove our way down the path to the main part of the resort and had the most amazing gourmet experience. The ambience of the room was warm, inviting and very eclectic with contemporary South African music playing softly in the background. The food was exceptional and I know that if I was a local, I would likely be there weekly to dine. Everything from the appetizers, to the entrees and dessert was the equivalent of five start dining at a fraction of the price.

We returned to our room and they had provided turn down service. This is a B&B so in the morning, we returned to the dining room for a delicious breakfast before taking photos and packing up to leave feeling very sad that we did not have more time to explore both the property and the general area.

It’s funny because I looked up what they had to say about the property in their brochure and many of the same descriptive words that I would use to describe it are what they have printed: Eclectic, bohemian, charming, magical, wonderful, warm and inviting. I was so sad that we did not have more time to relax and enjoy the property.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Been going to this magnificant destination restaurant for 10 years and it's still one of my absolute best.
Scenery, atmosphere, food is fabulous!
Had two starters- calamari and Trinchado - delicious.
Going back for pizza soon

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 31 October 2018

Always very popular and well worth making a booking for your evening meal which has always been excellent . Whatever is on the menu ,is a taste experience . We always enjoy an evening at Emily Moon when we use our week at Beacon Island and leave this for our swansong. Try the pork belly with crackling . Stunning .

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely meal here and thoroughly enjoyed the food and service. Definitely worth booking in advance, but if you are anywhere near Plettenberg Bay, do aim to eat here