All reviews game lodge watering hole plunge pool the reserve rose petals the entire staff underfloor heating herd of elephants water hole sundowner drinks food and wine south africa our honeymoon staff were attentive overlooking the water hot water bottles private deck
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Only one word can describe the experience at Kichaka games reserve, AWESOME!!!

We were welcomed by a very friendly young lady who handed us over to David (Dave) our Tour ranger.

Nono welcomed us to the lodge with a big smile which made us feel so important and as though the entire crew had been expecting our arrival. We were served with fantastic in house drink and shown around and final into our luxury room.

Dave then took us for our first games ride which was nothing but awesome! We were fortunate to see the brown hyena and a pride of lions and many more on our first day.

Dave is such a pleasant human who was ready to go an extra mile to ensure that we were happy on all games ride.
Dave also organised a romantic dinner for us in the jungle whilst we watched the sun set and this melted our hearts.

We had a fantastic time over the course of 3 nights at Kichaka and oh the food and wine all ticked the boxes for us.

We spent 11days in South Africa for our honeymoon and whilst we had a fabulous time in SA, our time at Kichaka topped it all!

Thanks to everyone who made it possible!

1  Thank Spruce A
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Absolute bliss from start to finish. Treated like royalty. Luxurious yet warm and homely. We had a knowledgeable, friendly and personable safari guide in Woody, who is surely the MVP of safari guides. Dining of a high standard also. True to the trend as per other reviews, my wife cried at departure, which says it all!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

I am one of those (bad I know) people that uses TA to research my upcoming holiday, posts in forums and reading reviews, but NEVER leaves a review, until now! I had high expectations of Kichaka given the reviews I had read but I was not expecting it to be that good!
On arrival we met Woody our guide who is amazing, he made our game drives so exciting and spotted so many animals, he even arranged of a night drive so we could see stars and nocturnal animals. Unfortunately it was cloudy so didn’t see any stars but did encounter 18 pairs of eyes glowing in the spotlight which woody informed us was a heard of buffalo walking past us in the dark! That was an amazing Adrenalin rush but we were safe in woodys hands! The service and quality of food in the lodge is outstanding! We have stayed in some very nice hotels all over the world and Kichaka is right up there!
The wonderful staff arranged the most romantic surprise on our last night for our honeymoon!
I had read a review about a lady crying as she was leaving and I thought , come on that’s nonsense, but when we were saying goodbye to the staff it happened to me, huge lump in my throat and tears in my eyes, we really didn’t want to leave! The only downside is that we only stayed 2 nights! We are already looking to book again next year but for much longer this time!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jo88Glasgow
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights at this fantastic lodge and I can honestly say we were treated like royalty. All the staff are wonderful, so attentive, the food is amazing, our lodge, overlooking the waterhole, is out of this world, but what made this a holiday we will never forget is our ranger David, this guy is amazing, he made every single game drive remarkable. Special thanks to Danielle for our lovely last night surprise to celebrate my partners birthday, again amazing. When it was time to leave I was the lady as mentioned in a previous review who was crying!! This place has a special place in my heart. Thank you

1  Thank wendy57
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

What a great place to stay
Attention to detail second to none
Delicious food
Attentive staff
Beautiful comfortable accommodation
Great ranger David
And the animals!
We had such great fun on our game drives with ranger David and our companions in the jeep. We saw the big 5 and many other animals and David was knowledgeable about the them and our surroundings or would find out for us if he didn’t know. Lovely to watch the sun go down with a drink on the afternoon drive and be warmed with capes and hot water bottles in the morning
David took us and our companions on an evening drive to see the stars and toast the end of a great memorable time on safari with champagne
Thank you David, 10* even though we didn’t find the polar bear!!!

1  Thank wendyt0610