“Home from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grahamstown
Mimosa Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 43 Grahamstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been visiting Mimosa regularly for the past 4 years, so for us it definitely feels like "Home from home"
We sometimes go on or own or share with friends, we have also had our son stay over from time to time.
There are two bedrooms, one very comfortable queen bedroom with a door opening onto the beautiful quiet garden and pool area, which as a guest you are welcome to use on those hot Grahamstown summer days.
There is also a second generous size room with very comfortable twin beds so perfect for couples/ friends sharing or if you have kids. There is a small compact and well equipped sit in kitchen with a two plate stove, microwave etc
Most importantly Sasha and Martin are the perfect hosts, totally engaged in ones needs but at the same time very respectful of ones privacy, they are welcoming and very warm and often gone the extra mile for us!
We will be back soon!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Sasha-at-Mimosa, Owner at Mimosa Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

We are looking forward to having you back sometime!

Reviewed 4 April 2017

My husband and I recently stayed at Mimosa B&B and had such a lovely stay. The room/flatlet is luxurious and very comfortable, the setting is in a beautiful garden and the hosts Martin and Sasha are helpful and kind and professional. Definitely going back for many more visits as we are go to Grahamstown fairly often to see our son at school and also for the Grahamstown Festival.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Tanya, always good to have you guys to stay! Great to meet your sister this past weekend.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

I have stayed at Mimosa on numerous occasions, and have been remiss until now in not writing a review. Mimosa is my Grahamstown home-from-home. I visit for work and family commitments at least six times a year, and Martin and Sasha ensure my visits are both pleasurable, and hassle free. This beautiful Victorian home sits in a very private, secret garden, offering beautiful displays at anytime of year. The accommodation captures all the benefits of a comfortable Victorian home, with period features throughout.

I have stayed in both rooms in the past, depending if I am traveling with my family, or friends; a very spacious, beautifully simple, queen-sized room, with a lovely outside area, and for cozy evenings, a fireplace and sofa for relaxing and reading. The twin room next door is equally comfortable, with access to an outside seating area, via french doors. There is enough space for a family of four.
Mimosa has a sit-in, very well equipped kitchenette, stocked with, along with the usual, teapots and a vast array of tea, perfect for the all-important afternoon teatime! My preference is to do B&B; with this option, Sasha and Martin fill the fridge with yoghurts, cheeses, teas, fresh coffee, cereal, and beautiful breads, with seasonal fruit, perfect for breakfast and picnic snacks. However, Mimosa also offers a self-catering option, and with a SPAR and a Pick N Pay close by, this is easily possible.

The separate entrance ensures privacy, enabling one to come and go during the day as required. The generous bathroom, a dream of cream and white, is a vision on a sun-drenched morning, making an early rise more bearable! This is the third year that I have been staying at Mimosa, and I return each time assured that I will be cared and catered for with professionalism and discretion.

Room Tip: Both rooms are equally comfortable. It is my Grahamstown B&B of choice.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Katherine, it is always good to have you and your family to stay. Hope we will see you in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 31 March 2017

My husband and I have been going to the Grahamstown National Arts Festival for years now - and staying with the Scholtz family at Mimosa every time. We've always had extremely good communication with our hosts (as the previous reviewer says [GrannyGrump, the reviewer before that, might like to consider not reviewing a place she hasn't stayed at]) and are always welcomed very warmly. Mimosa, being a historical home, is very spacious and graciously built, with a huge old garden and a very pleasant patio, and you're provided with more amenities than you need. You can make yourself at home there and do your (own) thing, in total privacy. Relax and slow down.

Room Tip: There are two rooms in the unit, so this self-catering accommodation is good for a couple (like us...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

We missed you this year at the National Arts Festival! Looking forward to hosting you and Laurie again.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

I have stayed at this B&B several times a year for a decade and have thoroughly enjoyed myself every time. It consists of 2 bedrooms, a kitchenette and a verandah, joined to the main house (dating from the late 19th century), set in a large and beautiful garden with a pool. The rooms are spacious and always impeccably clean. There is off-road parking. The property is slightly out of the city centre, on the slope of a hill, and behind a park. This makes it wonderfully peaceful and an excellent place for good views and evening walks, but does mean that a car is required to get into town quickly. The owners are invariably warm, friendly and helpful, so a stay at the B&B feels like a home from home - I have become friends with the owners over time. The only down-side is that the kitchenette has a relatively small table for meals, but the rest of the accommodation is very spacious. I recommend this B&B highly.

Room Tip: They two rooms form part of one unit so the B&B is only suitable for one family or friends trave...
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Jane, as you know, Mimosa is home from home and we love having you to stay!