“A nice small town Stay”

Hotel Victoria Mews
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grahamstown
Hotel Victoria Mews
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Grahamstown
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Since I was raised in East London, Grahamstown has always been a nice stop for my family since my brother studied at Rhodes. I used to stay at the old Vic, where the nightclub used to be at the bottom. After some ages, I decided to go to the Grahamstown Festival this year and was lucky to get place here. It was the perfect stay. It's a nice change from the hustle and bustle of Johannesburg. Very clean rooms and very comfortable as well. Staff are warm and friendly as well and I will definitely be back next year

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 September 2017

This older property is centrally located, close to everything in town. The hotel building is architecturally intriguing with a series of buildings having been cobbled together into one. It would benefit from a general redo and modernization. In my room, the bathroom was four steps down from the bedroom. The rooms appear to be dark and a bit gloomy, they would be more appealing if they were decorated in lighter hues.

There is 24 hour security at the desk with cameras on the parking in front for your automobile. On a Saturday night in a college town, early in the month when people have money in their pockets, there is not a lot of quiet to be had. The room was offered at a 50 Rand discount without breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

While I can't comment on the accommodation at the Vic, the music this evening with the Accoustic Cafe, and especially Anton Calitz, was absolutely amazing. The wine and great pizza was and optional extra.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travellinggypsy62
Reviewed 3 March 2017

Checked in with my Colleagues for two nights . I must say the outside of the Hotel is very deceiving as the rooms are great . Clean linen and bathrooms . They just need to work on the Television channels , i did speak to Don , the Manager and he assured me that they were working on it . On both nights we had supper @ Ginnos and the food was great , lovely staff too . The lady in the front was so helpful always asking us if we were ok . My friend says he can drive any day from Mthatha to Grahamstown just for the pizza .

Room Tip: Rooms 13 , 6 , 3 and 10 are good , these were my friend's rooms so i saw them . i recommend them...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank mlenzanaw
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

I spent a night at the mews. The information leaflet says the water is not suitable for drinking and that a bottle of still water is in the room but there wasn't any.

The bed was not comfortable. The tv reception was terrible and there was no sign of a remote in the room, and there was no Mnet as advertised.

The only plus was that the front shop staff were very pleasant, and that the restaurant Gino's was good.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business