See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

While I can't comment on the accommodation at the Vic, the music this evening with the Accoustic Cafe, and especially Anton Calitz, was absolutely amazing. The wine and great pizza was and optional extra.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travellinggypsy62
Reviewed 3 March 2017

Checked in with my Colleagues for two nights . I must say the outside of the Hotel is very deceiving as the rooms are great . Clean linen and bathrooms . They just need to work on the Television channels , i did speak to Don , the Manager and he assured me that they were working on it . On both nights we had supper @ Ginnos and the food was great , lovely staff too . The lady in the front was so helpful always asking us if we were ok . My friend says he can drive any day from Mthatha to Grahamstown just for the pizza .

Room Tip: Rooms 13 , 6 , 3 and 10 are good , these were my friend's rooms so i saw them . i recommend them as well .
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank mlenzanaw
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

I spent a night at the mews. The information leaflet says the water is not suitable for drinking and that a bottle of still water is in the room but there wasn't any.

The bed was not comfortable. The tv reception was terrible and there was no sign of a remote in the room, and there was no Mnet as advertised.

The only plus was that the front shop staff were very pleasant, and that the restaurant Gino's was good.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank GershFuller
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Great stay in May , staff very friendly , linen very clean . Only had problems with the TV channels but the manager managed to explain to us that is was a fault caused by load shedding of which it's understandable . The manager/short fat guy was very helpful with every inquiry i made he would help willingly . The Grandma at breakfast was great so was the food . Only encountered a problem with the gay receptionist not understanding what i was saying and also his way of speaking was with a loud tone which had aggression in it .

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are great , had a look when the cleaners were cleaning and of course Room 13
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2015

What homely place , did my booking via sleeping out . Got to Hotel Victoria the front house staff was amazing , they welcomed us and advised us of the two on-site restaurants and also breakfast area . Had a chance to meet the owner Anna and the old lady her mum who was doing breakfast with another very helpful chap who multitasks between the restaurant and the hotel . Clean linen and just amazing furniture , have love for antics . Overally this is a place to be , the rooms are also of reasonable rates . Room 13 , my room again when i come back.

Room Tip: They had wifi at the lounge at the reception and it was for free , i would encourage the establishment to install wifi in the rooms even if customers have to pay for access . Hotel situated near the road but back rooms like Room 13 are fine , no noise .
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple