11 Worcester on Durban
  • Restaurant
US$60
US$48
Priceline
MyPond Hotel(Port Alfred)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$78
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsfresh fruitcooked breakfastattention to detailsallycerealguesthouse
Reviewed 25 October 2015

This was our first visit to Grahamstown, which in itself was very disappointing. However the guesthouse was outstanding. It resembled the old grandeur of this once lovely town. Grahamstown, set up by the 1820 settlers has beautiful architecture from that European era. This guesthouse is of the same era. It also has an immaculate garden, beautifully furnished room with all the required amenities. The owner, Sally was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast exactly to order. Nothing was amiss in this offering.

Room Tip: The room overlooking the pool seems to be the best.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MES196
Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

Attention to detail - that's what separates this establishment from the rest.

Coming "home" every evening to a pre-loaded fire place.

Beautiful friendly staff ensuring your room is as it was when you first arrived - every day.

Unobtrusive, not invasive yet always at your service.
Thank you Sally.

Stayed: July 2015
1  Thank Lizard80863
Reviewed 23 October 2014

I reviewed this place in February and as I have subsequently gone back and stayed in a different room I thought that I would once again offer my thoughts. This really is one of the best B&B establishments in Grahamstown. This time around instead of staying in one of their rooms I was put in the self-contained cottage which was utterly gorgeous!!!! I loved it. Beautifully and tastefully furnished there is nothing that you can want for. I so enjoyed having my little patio facing the swimming pool and there was more than enough space to entertain my student son and his friends for dinner the one night. Unfortunately I did not get to see Sally this time around but the place runs like clockwork whether she is there or not. The gorgeous golden Labs were there as usual and they kept me company. Love it!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fab - but if you want self catering then ask for the cottage.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed 2 October 2014 via mobile

We stayed on our way through from wild coast to Plett, and were very impressed. Beautiful old Victorian, rooms very nicely appointed, with lovely touches such as real milk in the fridge, rusks, fruit, coffee plungers... lovely underfloor heating to take chill off cold evenings, good wifi, DSTV, off street parking and more. Very good attention to detail.

• Stayed: October 2014
1  Thank Irene I
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed there sight unseen on the recommendation of a Grahamstown resident for the 40th high school reunion of several members of our group. I believe there are 3 rooms in the reconditioned stables, each decorated in a unique and welcoming way...then there is the cottage, where my partner and I stayed. To call this a cottage is to engage in gross understatement, as it is a delightful one bedroomed house. Fully stocked kitchen (what a nice touch - milk in the fridge, cereal packets in the cupboard and fresh fruit in the basket), cosy linens, excellent bedroom and bathroom...utterly faultless. We were also treated to a tasty full breakfast early Sunday morning as we had to get to the airport at an hour well before Grahamstown's finest (even their not-so-fine) would have been awake. Would go back to this B&B in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked outstanding, but if you're looking for a special experience, I'd recommend the cottage simply because it feels like you're staying in a home away from home.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends