St. Aidans Guest Cottage
Graham Hotel(Grahamstown)(Great Value!)
US$93
  • Restaurant
US$60
MyPond Hotel(Port Alfred)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$79
US$76
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
Kwandwe Private Game Reserve(Kwandwe Private Game Reserve)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswalking distance to shopsgreat place to staypleasure of stayinghome from homethe main housenothing is too much troublerobyncelesteschoolestablishmentfurnitureuniversityafrica
Reviewed 6 July 2017

St. Aidan's Guest Cottage is my favorite guest house ever. It is centrally situated in Grahamstown, in walking distance to shops and many restaurants and yet in a quiet area. It has a beautiful garden with many lovely little spots and a relaxing overall feel. Not too formal but certainly well maintained. My room was cozy and beautiful with old furniture, a very lovely bed with a heating blanket and nice linen as well as a vase with fresh flowers and a little sunny balcony with a small chair and table. Attention was paid to detail, I was delighted to find shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, bubble bath, hand-wash, and hand-creme, which were all part of a local brand made with African herbs growing in the area in the lovely, alt-fashioned bathroom. Moreover, make up removal swipes (plus the obligatory little packed soap) and other useful little things, including a normal sized hair dryer were provided. There were a kettle and bar fridge plus ample tea bags, coffee, milk and sugar as well as lovely rusks on a glass domed dish next to the big TV. I hardly used the TV due to a nice selection of high-end magazines like "Longevity".
Most importantly, I felt truly spoiled throughout my stay. The breakfast was always delicious and the breakfast room warm with a crackling fire. George (an ever-present and extremely attentive angel) was amazing in making me feel at home from the first second: I arrived at 12 p.m., check in is 2 p.m. but he just looked at me and said "you look tired, let us make you comfortable" and took my bags straight to my room. The owners are also extremely nice and welcoming. All in all, staying at St Aidan's really does feel like visiting family. I hope I will get a chance to be back very soon.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2017

I had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful place two weeks ago . Unfortunately I took ill while there. Robyn and Celeste ( the owners) were kind enough to take me to the doctor as I had no transport of my own. They went way beyond the call of a guest house . This is truly a home from home. I will be sure to be back here again next time I pass through Grahamstown to enjoy this gorgeous guest house. Wont hesitate to recommend this place to anybody passing through Grahamstown , you wont regret it.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I have been staying at St Aidans for years now and keep going back. Its location is superb and the staff are wonderful. The establishment is owned and run by the most wonderful couple who out their heart and soul into it. You always feel like family when you stay there. A great place to stay while in Grahamstown.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We have been staying at 1A St Aidans Guest Cottage for the past 8 years - seeing our children through school and finally university.The fantastic staff never failed to make every stay a comfortable and memorable one. You may be four star, but you give five star service! We wouldn't hesitate to recommend your establishment to anyone visiting Grahamstown.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

So sad to be finally saying goodbye to St Aidans Guest Cottage and Grahamstown. You always gave us a "home from home". This is a special Guest house and we will miss you all! The starf are extremely friendly and helpful recommend this to all that frequent Grahamstown.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family