All reviews walking distance to shops ensuite bathroom pleasure of staying great place to stay home from home robyn celeste school cherry establishment furniture africa
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

The only thing worth a star in this establishment is the young man who opens up for you - I think his name is George or Joseph and Charming young Zimbabwean man. Everything else is outdated. There is vintage and then there is St Aiden a mixture of dusty and ugly garage sale style bits and pieces. I don't mind the bad decor, the dust - now thats what I cannot stomach. On the last morning of our stay - we were rushed and then they subsequently told us they are having a photo shoot done for their publicity, the table was transformed to a magical modern and wholesome breakfast table with croissants and all, I have never ever been offered a croissant at this establishment not eaten on a white table cloth.

Date of stay: October 2016
Aidans, Owner at St. Aidans Guest Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Dear Cingashe
Thank you very much for the positive comments with regards to George and now I would like to address the other issues you raised.
I was surprised at your comments as this was not your first visit with us so you knew what we offered as a guest house.
On the morning of the photo shoot I personally served you, your child and your assistant breakfast, even supplying the high chair for your child to sit in. As I always do with guests, I enquired if everything was ok, and you didn’t indicate anything otherwise. We have very high standards of hygiene at the guest house and had you told me you had seen dirt / dust, it would speedily have been rectified. As to the furnishings, please be assured that nothing here is from a garage sale, but are highly prized antiques in keeping with the era of the building.
We actually moved the photo shoot out by an hour and a half to accommodate you as you were running late. Our table settings, as does our menu for breakfast, vary on a daily basis.
We value all clients feedback as it becomes our benchmark. But criticism that is factually incorrect defeats the object of trying to ensure that we give you, our guests, exactly what you need.
Kind Regards,
Robyn

Reviewed 26 October 2016

We have stayed over twice at St Aidans - once in the Luxury Cottage and once in the Lavender Room in the main house. On both occasions we experienced wonderful hospitality and lovely accommodation. Robyn, Celeste and George are great hosts and go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DreamD7
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

Excellent friendly people, great place to stay.
Good value for money too.
Wife and I spent 3 nights there during our return to Grahamstown for the St Andrews college reunion.

Clean, good security comfortable beds and a great breakfast in the morning.

Thanks.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

We needed accommodation very close to our reunion venue, and Celeste at the St Aidan's Guest Cottage offered us the St Aidan's Suite, which was across the road and even closer to the venue. The Suite was exceptionally well equipped and perfect for our needs! Celeste was great in every way, ensuring our stay was pleasurable, answering questions and giving advice! We go to Grahamstown at least once a year and would definitely try and stay there again!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ChrisWilliamsWynn
Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

We had the privilege of staying at St Aidan's Guest Cottage. The place has been beautifully decorated with the emphasis on homeliness, cleanliness and comfort. Robyn and Celeste and their staff made our stay particularly enjoyable. Next time we are in Grahamstown, this will be our place of choice without doubt. Thank you all Noeleen V

Date of stay: March 2016