8A Grahamstown(Grahamstown)
US$107
A Stones Throw Accommodation(Grahamstown)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$338
  • Breakfast included
US$79
US$94
African Safari Lodge(Grahamstown)(Great Value!)
US$81
  • Bar/Lounge
Jenny's Guest House(Grahamstown)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
All reviewsrhodes universityhistoric placebreakfast is servedair conditioningmain buildingnunneryguesthousebathroomtubdeskfridgelounge
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

The house is an antique. It's well maintained and the old school wood interior is in my view beautiful. It adds an ambience that is often missing in some establishments.

Importantly this bnb is on High Street and is across the road from Rhodes University and a museum. Also just up the street is the High Court and numerous coffee shops, restaurants and retail outlets.

When I got to my room i imagined it would be a standard room with ensuit bathroom and shower... mayhap a coffee station. Instead I was greeted with a furnished lounge, kitchenette, bathroom, two bedrooms and a rather naughty back door.

The kitchenette has a fridge, cupboards with full cutlery, microwave, two plate stove and a wash basin.

The main bedroom is spacious with cupboards, work desk and a queen size bed.

The other bedroom is similar but has two single beds instead of the Queen size bed in the main bedroom.

The bathroom has your standard shower basin etc.

What was different about this particular bnb is that it is surprisingly quiet. Which for me is a major plus.

Unfortunately dinner is not served but if one literally walks across the road there are at least 3 or 4 good restaurants. Breakfast is served and includes tea coffee juice and continental breakfast and your choice of full English breakfast.

Free WiFi is available and a pool should one require a dip.

Good stay

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Brendan T
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I was welcomed to this beautiful historic place by the friendliest staff. My room was huge, very well appointed and really comfortable. There are good restaurants literally just across the road and Karen the owner was most welcoming. I can highly recommend this establishment for business travellers, but most definitely also for families. I will most certainly visit again as it certainly ticks all the boxes.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2017

This was perfectly adequate. The main complaints would be that the wifi was not good and the rooms were a bit cold. Staff was nice -- Elvis was amazing. I want him to come and work for us! Great guy and really is an asset to this guest house - give the man a raise!
My room only had a bath tub, no shower, but it was ok for one night.
Breakfast was fine.
Floors are a bit squeaky so not the quietest of places, but not too bad. It wasn't too busy when we were there, so it was ok.
Location was convenient for our needs.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2017

We have stayed in most of the rooms over the last 2 years...The perch (self cater)when we have our daughter with us and the main building when just a couple.The pool room is our favourite.Owner/manager Karen runs the guesthouse in a professional friendly relaxed manner .The Air Conditioned rooms are comfortable and well equipt (free WI-fi),Somerset road gets busy from early in the AM so if you are not a heavy sleeper or an early riser choose a room that is on the far side..The enclosed safe secure parking gives peace of mind and is definitely a factor in choosing accommodation in Grahamstown

Room Tip: Take your costume it gets rather warm in Grahamstown and a refreshing dip in the pool is a welcomed relief.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Conveniently situated guest house well appointed. I stayed in one of the cottages at the back and had a huge amount of space to myself. The cottage I stayed in has a self catering option. The service was excellent, friendly and attentive. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business