High Corner Guest House
Graham Hotel(Grahamstown)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Restaurant
US$60
MyPond Hotel(Port Alfred)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$47
Halyards Hotel(Port Alfred)
US$68
  • Pool
US$79
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsperchrhodes universityhistoric placebreakfast is servedhome away from homeair conditioningfree wifimain buildingnunneryguesthousebathroomtubdeskfridgelounge
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

I was welcomed to this beautiful historic place by the friendliest staff. My room was huge, very well appointed and really comfortable. There are good restaurants literally just across the road and Karen the owner was most welcoming. I can highly recommend this establishment for business travellers, but most definitely also for families. I will most certainly visit again as it certainly ticks all the boxes.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2017

This was perfectly adequate. The main complaints would be that the wifi was not good and the rooms were a bit cold. Staff was nice -- Elvis was amazing. I want him to come and work for us! Great guy and really is an asset to this guest house - give the man a raise!
My room only had a bath tub, no shower, but it was ok for one night.
Breakfast was fine.
Floors are a bit squeaky so not the quietest of places, but not too bad. It wasn't too busy when we were there, so it was ok.
Location was convenient for our needs.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2017

We have stayed in most of the rooms over the last 2 years...The perch (self cater)when we have our daughter with us and the main building when just a couple.The pool room is our favourite.Owner/manager Karen runs the guesthouse in a professional friendly relaxed manner .The Air Conditioned rooms are comfortable and well equipt (free WI-fi),Somerset road gets busy from early in the AM so if you are not a heavy sleeper or an early riser choose a room that is on the far side..The enclosed safe secure parking gives peace of mind and is definitely a factor in choosing accommodation in Grahamstown

Room Tip: Take your costume it gets rather warm in Grahamstown and a refreshing dip in the pool is a welcomed relief.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Conveniently situated guest house well appointed. I stayed in one of the cottages at the back and had a huge amount of space to myself. The cottage I stayed in has a self catering option. The service was excellent, friendly and attentive. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2016

Really pleasant stay. Everything was as one would expect (but too often hope for and don't get) for a BnB. Good restaurants within a five minute walk too. i've stayed in a few other places in Grahsmstown and this was the best so far. overall a great experience. Thank you to all of the staff who added value to the stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in a self-catering cottage. Was really pleasant and outside of the main house giving a sense of seclusion which suited me.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business