Fish Eagle Manor
Premier Resort Mpongo Private Game Reserve(East London)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$124
The Hampton(East London)
US$96
The Loerie Hide(East London)
US$74
US$67
Hoylake Inn(East London)(Great Value!)
US$64
Quarry Lake Inn(East London)
US$148
US$91
US$73
  • Pool
US$184
  • Pool
See More Guest House(East London)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
All reviewsfish eaglesnahoon riverafrican feelingstayed longerperfect hostsfriendly hostsstayed one nightwould definitely stay here againowners and staffbreakfast was excellenthome away from homerooms are cleandavegenbungalowpropertyaccommodation
Reviewed 21 February 2018

This was a wonderful experience. The owners, Dave & Gen were very welcoming and helpful. We had an amazing "African" room overlooking the garden and pool with view down to the river. It was spacious and had everything we could wish for. Dave was particularly helpful as, when we told him where we going to stay for the next night, he told us he did not think that our choice of venue was a very good idea (we had booked before we left the UK) and advised that we try and stay a further night in our ongoing accommodation and they actually made the phone call for us. It was sound advice. The breakfast was amazing and staff so friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diana P
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

I grew up in the area, so returning is always special.

On the other hand, having lived and worked in a variety of countries - I have got used to the standard that is expected when spending hard earned cash and definitely don't associate it with a visit home - to the lowly Eastern Cape. A place I associate with falling into the daughter role of doing the dishes and mediating between family feuds.

However this Christmas was different. My European husband asked if we could please have our own place - and I couldn't say no. After all, it was his holiday too.

What a treat! As a local I was not expecting much - but I got a whole lot more! Awesome friendly hosts who couldn't do enough for us; a delicious breakfast that hit the spot every time (including wonderful coffee that I probably drank way too much of!) and a decadent room that was larger in size than our little flat in Munich - plus immediate access to the pool.

I genuinely cannot wait for my next visit.

I have stayed in 5* hotels in Portugal with Ronaldo (okay, not WITH him, but he was there while I was there), and this is nowhere like that. But for what it is and where it is, it deserves a 5* in my mind.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robyn A
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

This B&B is the one of the best we have stayed in. Very well maintanded, the pool was clean, garden was beautiful and the safari cottages were very nice and Africa like.
Breakfast was very nice.
The owners were very nice, friendly and service minded. So was the staff.
Secure area with pub/restaurants within walking distance.
Absolutely a place to stay!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen Platou J
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Situated in a quiet suburb, with wonderful gardens, this is a little haven of peace. On arrival we were upgraded to a pool view; it was a lovely room. Spacious and clean, with a large comfortable bed and a well appointed bathroom. The owners and staff are lovely people and made us feel really welcome. Breakfast was prepared with good quality products, and plentiful. Parking is within the B&B grounds and secure. If you are going to stay in East London you should definitely consider staying here.

Room Tip: Pool Views are the best.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BobMarshall666
Reviewed 23 November 2017

FIRSTLY! its just a stunning location! Service is efficient, warm and genuine. Rooms are spaciously designed and found right next to the river. Wifi is top notch and probably the quickest I have experienced in East London. Dave the owner is also a top notch guy and not a bad cook either!

Will definitely go and visit again

Room Tip: Get a room next to the river. Apparently there's some good fishing as well.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple