“Jazz lover”
Review of The Orbit

The Orbit
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Braamfontein
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: To creating a platform for free creative expression that will allow musicians and their audience to share unique and unifying experiences. To supplying musicians with the most suitable setting and staging so as to perform in the most comfortable and inspiring space in Johannesburg. To creating a respectful, socially balanced, community focused environment for our audiences, our supporting members, our staff and partners. To contributing to the development of the performing arts in our city.
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Oh my word, this place is gold. Especially for a jazz lover like myself. From the entrance where we really felt welcomed. The music was beautiful, food on point. Please do visit it.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

The Orbit is a reliable venue where you can hear good local and international jazz and enjoy a good meal with reasonably priced drinks.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

The Orbit is quite a unique restaurant in the heart of braamfontein. The set up is quite lovely and has a warm vibe. I thought the mains were absolutely delicious. My lamb chops were perfectly done and tasted amazing. I just wish the side portions were a bit more. The service all in all was good.

I had the creme brûlée for dessert. I really didn’t enjoy it and I would love it if they could improve a bit on that.

In conclusion, I would comeback there to try more things on their menu :)

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Went to Orbit on a date night on Thursday and was blown away by the experience. From the entrance we were greeted by friendly staff who provided excellent service throughout the night. The band started playing on time and provided magical moments for the next 2 hours, ending with a surprise visit of more musicians for the last two pieces. The sound was great, the band authentic, enjoyable and uplifting.
For mains we had the filet and the oxtail. Both dishes were delicious with an interesting selection of side veggies. For desert we chose the baklava cheesecake which fell somewhat short on delivery and taste.
Don’t be put off by the location, parking is safe on the street and the experience is worth many visits.
Highly recommended for date nights and groups of friends.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We found the Orbit with some internet research, and my grown daughter and I enjoyed a wonderful night of music with Mkhize / Washington Quartet knocking out jazz standards and their own compositions. Diverse crowd, with good food and a cool club atmosphere. Within easy Uber feom our guest house, it was a a pleasant surprise and a great start to our first time in South Africa.