Review Highlights
Epic adventures in Valdez!

I have been traveling a lot and I was so glad I found Alaska Guide Co. Jenny is incredible... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Ramon F
Colorado
Lovely day with amazing views

This was one of our favorite excursions in Valdez. Our tour guide, I feel bad I can't temember... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
mviridis
Grand Rapids, Michigan
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Valdez
from US$148,72
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2021 via mobile

I came to Alaska for my very first time in late May 2021. I had seen a bunch of Alaska travel videos and so I knew one of the things I absolutely had to experience was seeing huge icebergs. Originally I was going to book a tour on a big boat(the kind that had a bar and cafeteria and bathroom on board), i liked that idea cause it was an all day tour and I figured I would see a lot of icebergs.
Before I got around to booking that tour I discovered Alaska Guide Co and decided to book with them.
Instead of a big boat that had lots of other people, the Alaska Guide Co uses a canoe and it’s a private tour so only you and your party will be onboard.
I liked the private tour aspect of it but what really made this tour so great was the use of the canoe. Unlike those big boats where you’re looking down on the icebergs, when you’re in the canoe it’s a much more intimate experience. You’re able to guide right past the icebergs, touch them and even walk on them.
We actually got to paddle the canoe into an ice cave that was in an iceberg.
You will not get the same experience on one of those bigger boats I guarantee you.
My guides were Joe and Zach. These guys really made my experience a 5 star one. They both were professional and knowledgeable and worked hard to make sure my tour was a success. Every time I thought the tour was about to end, the guides would paddle us to a new iceberg to allow me to see something new.
Often times when we’re really looking forward to something and we build it up in our heads, our experience is not quite as good as our fantasy but that wasn’t the case with this tour.
I can honestly say that I got every pennys worth that I spent on this tour and then some.
Great job guys.

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 7 September 2021

Went ice climbing with Alaska Guide Co and had an amazing time! Zach was excellent and catered to our groups needs and abilities ensuring everyone had a great time. I would highly recommend!

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 6 September 2021

We had an incredible experience exploring ice caves on the canoe tour with joe. The lake has an insane number of massive and constantly moving icebergs. Joe was able to find us a way through the maze, sometimes even creating a path through the maze to ultimately reveal a beautiful blue ice cave.

We sat there for quite a while enjoying the ice cave to ourselves as there was no one else other than the 3 of us on the lake. Felt like a very personalized experience. And worth the money!

Date of experience: September 2021
Reviewed 5 September 2021

Mike and Joe were exceptional. They were very knowledgeable and very down to earth. They were safe and they knew what they were doing. We would definitely go again.

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 5 September 2021

Had an great time time climbing on waterfalls with Alaska Guide Co! It was a last minute booking and Zach made the experience super fun. When i return to Valdez to Help-board, I will definitely contact them do some more adventures!

Date of experience: March 2021