“Reasonably Priced Sister Store”
Review of Pearla

Pearla
Ranked #11 of 23 Shopping in Bora Bora
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped at a pearl shop with only the name "Fantasy" on the sign above the door and were pleased to find pearls arranged on tables by price, which made it much easier to shop within our budget. The woman working there was very helpful in choosing a beautiful pearl necklace, which was to be a gift, pointing out higher quality pearls with fewer imperfections and switching out chains so we could get a feel for what we were buying. Once we chose a necklace, we were taken over to Pearla where the necklace was shined and beautified, finding out the two separate storefronts are sister properties. While Pearla seemed to be quite out of our budget, their sister property next door under the "Fantasy" sign was much more reasonable. Thank you for such quality service within our budget!

All reviews
"bracelet"
"jewelry"
"laurent"

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

In 2015 my wife and I visited Bora Bora for the first time. It was supposed to be a “once in a lifetime” trip. One thing my wife Carolyn always wanted was a string of pearls from French Polynesia. We were celebrating our 33rd anniversary and decided if we could find something really special at an affordable price we get it to remember our trip.

We had been to almost every pearl store in Viatape and had yet to find something in our price range that my wife really wanted. Then we went into Pearla. What a pleasure.

Pearla is not cluttered with product. The presentation of the jewelry is simple and elegant. The first time we walked into Pearla a sales person asked us if we would like a glass of water and what we might be interested in. After a brief conversation and a little browsing, we met Laurent, the jewelry designer for the store. Laurent took one look at my wife and immediately ran to his safe and pulled out a string of pearls and put them around her neck. They were gorgeous emerald green. The color of the pearls looked beautiful against my wife’s skin and color of her hair. They were perfect...except the price.

Laurent insisted that these pearls were the perfect color for my wife, I sadly replied that they were out of our price range...but they were perfect. Laurent asked us our budget. I told him.

We never negotiated. There was no back and forth. Laurent insisted that the pearls were meant for my wife. I was stunned...my wife was in tears. We left with the most beautiful set of pearls we could ever afford.

We returned to Pearla in April 2018 in search of a bracelet and or earrings that would go with her necklace. Once again we had visited most all the other stores in the village before visiting Pearla. This time Laurent was on the sales floor helping another customer when we entered the store. He recognized my wife and his work the minute he saw her. After finishing his work with his client he gave my wife a warm hug hello and helped us on our quest to find a bracelet.

Once again, he raced into his safe and pulled out a string of emerald green pearls, slightly smaller than Carolyn’s necklace that matched beautifully. He explained that he could take that strand apart and allow Carolyn to pick out the pearls she wanted for her bracelet. They matched beautifully. Then he showed us a gorgeous set of earrings that tied everything together.

It goes without saying that this time we went a bit over budget...but we still got a great value. Carolyn is in love with her new jewelry. Through the process we got to know the people at Pearla and especially Laurent much better. What a lovely group of people. We truly enjoyed our experience.

Just a side note. We did not break the bank at Pearla. We’re just regular folks trying to find something nice on a reasonable budget. Laurent has a passion for his work and for people...no matter their budget.

We have fallen in love with Polynesia and are looking forward to returning to Bora Bora and Pearla to see what Laurent might have mind for Carolyn next time.

Happy Wife...Happy Life!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

After visiting a few pearl shops lining the Main Street of Bora Bora, I enjoyed visiting Pearla. We were warmly greeted and invited to browse. The proprietor was informative and helpful, but not at all hovering. And because he was straightforward about the quality range of pearls he had on display, I was much more interested in buying one than I had been in other shops. I ended up purchasing a single peacock colored pearl on a simple silver chain. The proprietor helped me choose by explaining the color differences of the pearls I was interested in and showing how different pearls looked against my skin and my white top. We were given thorough information about the value tax and what to do at the airport. I would shop here again before going elsewhere in Bora Bora.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

I wanted to get Tahitian pearls on our vacation and randomly chose Pearla while in town. Monica provided great service and helped me design a necklace and called the jeweler to come into the shop. She actually hand delivered my jewelry directly to our overwater bungalow 2 days later! Great service and my pearls are beautiful. It was a wonderful experience!