I decided to give it a try because of a friend's referral. I stayed in a ocean view room for five nights in the second week of January, 2018.
1. Room is very clean and a pretty good size. Because the building is on a hill so the view is spectacular, the colors of the water and beautiful sunrise every morning, enjoyed all these just from my room. The room was decorated pretty, the pictures posted on the hotel's website is not oversaturated.
2. Good location. Only take me about 15 minutes to kayak to Aquarium Garden by the Sofitel Private Island for snorkeling. Also about 15 minutes kayak to the best beach by InterContinental Hotel.
3. Convenient location. Two small markets and Avis car rental are located within 3 to 5 minutes walking distance.
4. Hotel staffs were very friendly, nice and helpful. I booked my activities through tripadviser.com , but I had to contact the tour company to arrange a hotel pick up . Hotel staff made calls and arranged the pick up for me. Also I was stayed in another hotel after I checked out from Maitai, the hotel staff help me a lot and made this transfer smoothly. I can't thanks them enough.
No WiFi in rooms nor in hotel restaurants. I have to go to the hotel lobby area to use the Wi-Fi. I got mosquito bites every time when I was in the lobby area. Because the hotel lobby is open aired, no walls, only roof , same is restaurant.
Suggestions : Almost of the activities in Bora-Bora are in the water, but there was no rod nor hanger to hang wet swim wear in the hotel room. I hope hotel have a rod and some hangers in shower room.
There is a boat from Bora Bora Airport to Vaitape, free of charge. Hotel sent a vehicle to pick me up from Vaitape, charged me 1413xpf per person one way. I found out the charges on the last day when I checked out the hotel. The bad feeling was the vehicle was so beat up, The leather seats were teared up and the door cannot completely closed. I felt I was mistreated by the hotel.
I still gave this hotel five stars, because I felt this minor things won't cost them one star.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maitai Polynesia Bora Bora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Maitai Bora