“Cute Cabin! Great Stay!”
other travellers have booked this property
The Moonflower offers an outdoor fireplace.
See trees from every window in this light filled dwelling. Find cottage comfort in the upstairs bedroom.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
The Moonflower offers an outdoor fireplace.
See trees from every window in this light filled dwelling.
Find cottage comfort in the upstairs bedroom.
Have room to cook in the fully functioning kitchen and enjoy your meals by the bay window.
One twin bed and one twin futon do double duty for living room sitting and sleeping.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Monicajay...
Anchorage, Alaska
“Cute Cabin! Great Stay!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 for a stay in December 2012

We stayed there with our two dogs! The owner lives next door but was super polite and interactive prior to us coming down. We had to drive out to Talkeetna late from Anchorage, so we arrived around 8pm or later and the house was unlocked for us (made arrangements to).

The house was equiped with everything we needed. The bed was comfy. Sleeps 2 well and 2 dogs well.

The only thing i thought was odd was there was no curtains on the windows downstairs .. I didn't like that because I couldnt see if someone was watching at night but we ended up just putting blankets up when we went to bed and then having them down when we were awake.

Great neighborhood, i think we were right next to a musher's team because everytime we went outside we heard dogs going off - that didn't bother us though.

I'm not sure Talkeetna was the place for us, but if we decide to go back again we are definately staying here!

Thank you Moonflower!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The warm feeling I got when I walked in, everything was perfect for a winter weekend.
Liked least: There were no curtains downstairs :(
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
That_NASA...
California
“Out in the woods”
Reviewed 6 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

Nice place, about 10 miles out of Talkeetna. No shampoo provided, which put us out a bit, but other than that, everything met our expectations and was as advertised. The place was clean and cozy. A good place if you want some peace away from downtown Talkeetna and the locust hordes brought in by the cruise lines.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The setting.
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
6 Jul 2013
I am sorry about the shampoo; I haven't been providing it (cabin rental as opposed to hotel) but I'm thinking I should--I will look into putting some refillable dispensers in there right away. And according to google maps, the Moonflower is 4 miles from Main Street, Talkeetna. Thank you very much for your stay!
Bayfolks
Cupertino, California
“Homely with all the essential comforts”
Reviewed 18 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Felt like a good place to return to after a day closeby in Talkeetna. Had WiFi and all the kitchen supplies to be self-sufficient there. Enough space for a family of 4. Tasteful aura, nicely decorated and neat.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Just an overall good aura aboutthe place
Travelling group: Young Children
Anchorage
Reviewed 18 January 2013 for a stay in January 2012
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Danette W
Anchorage, Alaska
“Cozy escape from the rest of the world”
Reviewed 25 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012

I recently spent time at the Moonflower Cottage in Talkeetna. I was able to bring my dog, Indy, as well. The cottage is roomy enough to spread out, yet cozy on the cold winter evening. The style of the cottage was very unique - everything you could possibly need was available. Lots of room around the cottage to explore in the snow, yet close enough to town and neighbors to feel safe, as I was alone. Loved all of the windows - enjoyed having coffee in the morning. I felt I could see for miles. Can't wait to return - would be great in winter or summer!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness, as well as complete kitchen
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing