“another perfect holiday”
other travellers have booked this property
The orchard from the pool bar The pool and Bar
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Karadag Mill over the pool
The orchard from the pool bar
The pool and Bar
fire place
from the mountain
a twin room
en-suite wet room
we take advantage of the duty free
a small aditional table
sun beds
The pool Bar
Dining table
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
DDignum
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed 14 November 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

We booked a month in this Villa with our daughter, her friend and our two grandchildren, who were just three and 18 months old.

The villa was fabulous from outside, until you looked closer and it was filthy when we arrived. Whist we understood birds do leave deposits behind we felt that all the beds and outdoor furniture should have been brushed down. The sunbeds were very stained too. The outside umbrellas were ripped and broken, as was one sunbed. The outside tables were filthy and the Villa Manager blamed the wind causing dust. This was beyond dust and we have photographs to prove every point that we make. The bbq area was full of empty beer bottles and the bar room was filthy.

Our balcony furniture was broken and the front top balcony furniture was broken, along with a balcony door not being able to open. Bathrooms were disgusting and needed a further clean. When I complained our balcony chair was thrown onto the lawn from the balcony, along with a disgusting beaker from the bathroom! I had to ask for the now completely smashed chair to be removed from the lawn so as not to cause injury to our grandchildren.

We had to clean the kitchen before we could use it. No safe key was provided despite asking twice. Doors had too much play and windows had inadequate security locks. Unfortunately we stayed and after just a week we were burgled.

My daughter woke at 4am to a man in her room, with her daughter in a cot next to her. My grandson's room had property taken from it. The Villa Manager was extremely hostile and made the police treat us abysmally. I am still very shocked at how we were treated.

I have left the review this long because I did not want to react in anger, but after getting no where since with the police I see no reason why we should not warn anyone else. The villa is remote, has an open area to the back and an open field to the front which allows an easy approach to the villa.

I understand from the Owner of the villa the broken furniture was not replaced due it to being the end of season. I also understand that the many insecure doors have now been replaced. I certainly hope the Villa Manager has employed someone who can actually clean and that she now provides a safe key. We had hidden cash stolen, and my daughter lost all her considerable cash and her mobile phone. Cash was hidden everywhere and yet the burglar/s still managed to find every hiding spot! Her screams that morning, that there was a man in her room, still haunt me.

We immediately moved to another villa because we did not feel safe. We were offered a security guard at night but still felt that a person could not protect us all in such a large villa with a 360 access. I have been informed an alarm has now been fitted, but knew this and the doors could not have been made secure whilst we were there. It was too little too late. We were all terrified of a return burglar even during the day. We wasted 3 weeks of rental money having to move elsewhere, but you can not put a price on peace of mind.

It is a beautiful villa that is very badly run in our view. It should have been a wonderful, relaxing holiday but I would never return to Dalyan, as the police and villa manager added to our dreadful experience. The police do not want to accept crime happens and seem to want it to be brushed aside. The kitchen window had been forced open, but upon looking at the lounge window locks after the burglary we noticed three windows had in fact been left unlocked. Because we kept the curtains shut all the time due to the air conditioning, we had never checked them. We were naïve enough to think that a villa manager would have made sure that our villa was secure before we arrived.

If you rent a villa in Dalyan note that there is a burglary problem. Trip Advisor Forum had this information and unfortunately we had not seen it. Insist on a safe key and learn to speak some Turkish so that you are not misrepresented by very hostile staff.

Liked best: Nothing.
Liked least: All of it.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Dec 2015
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ MY RESPONSE.

Within a short time of this lady?s arrival at the villa she seemed to have begun turning ?every stone? to find what dirt or damage lay beneath. In less than 24 hours a large list and photographs were sent to me by email.
In my welcome letter I do ask guests to report any breakages to the Service Manager or replace breakages whenever possible to ensure the likes of this occurrence doesn?t happen. The previous guests reported a broken vase. They apologised because they couldn?t find the same but bought as near a replacement as they could.

So, as I really believe that all guests should be happy, I was pleased that this lady was so thorough, perhaps to the extent of even making the ?Hotel Inspector? look a pussy cat. However, I was really surprised at the extent of the dirt and damage reported. So much so, that, as I was puzzled and concerned, I offered to get on a plane and travel to Dalyan immediately.

She told me not to travel and that she would sort it. I was also getting reports from the Service Manager as to what was being done. The cleaners were sent in and I was so relieved to receive a following email from the guest stating:-

?THE CLEANER CAME ALL DAY TODAY WHILST WE WENT TO TURTLE BEACH AND HAD A FABULOUS DAY. THE VILLA LOOKS GREAT?.. WE ARE ALL HAVING AN AMAZING HOLIDAY AND IT IS BLISS TO COME BACK TO SUCH A BEAUTIFUL VILLA, SWIM AND CHILL OUT. THE GARDEN IS SO FULL OF BEAUTIFUL TREES AND PLANTS AND WE WISH YOU THE SUCCESS IN THE FUTURE AND FAR LESS GRIEF SEVEN YEARS AGO I NEVER THOUGHT WE WOULD BE ABLE TO ENJOY ANOTHER BREAK AWAY, LET ALONE BE ABLE TO TREAT OUR FAMILY AND STAY AT SUCH A FANTASTIC PLACE FOR A MONTH .?

We now appeared to have a happy guest but sadly all of this changed when that evening an intruder illegally entered the villa.

I was naturally very disturbed that any guest should have to go through this, and particularly the manner of it. As soon as I could I travelled to Dalyan, armed with information provided by the guests, in the hope that it would further help me get my point across. The thoughts of burglars stealing from guests whilst they slept, was something I hoped to get maximum support from the authorities. However, like the police and their forensic team, I found no external damage to the window to show that it had been forced. I also had no answer to the fact that they needed to force the window when others had been left open. Nor to the question as to how the burglars had time to go through a number of rooms, finding places where the money and valuable had been secreted and with enough time to pile the goods and case ready for a speedy departure before being disturbed. Although the police could find no evidence, they acknowledged the theft to enable the guests to at least claim money back on their insurance. This does not satisfy either me or the guests. However for my part I have already increased security and there is more to do to ensure that this does not happen again. There have always been locks on the bedroom doors and guests will be encouraged to use the locks whenever it is possible. We have learned in the UK locks tend only prevent honest people from access, burglars will find a way so we need to make everything as difficult as possible for them. Statistically we are much more likely to be offended against in the UK.
Stats on murder rape, robbery, burglary etc. show that Turkey is much safer than UK. Offences against are 986 per 100,000 in the UK, whereas in Turkey it is 161 per 100,000
I believe that this works out that you have 576% higher chance of being offended against in the UK than in turkey.

Burglaries can happen anywhere and I am not responsible. (In 2013 there were 3 burglaries, one theft, two case of anti-social behaviour and one case of criminal damage and arson within this ladies postcode). I believe that I could have secured the villa to their satisfaction even offered to provide a security night watchman. So the burglary, and perhaps the fact that I didn?t feel prepared to refund �1728 (pounds sterling) suggested by her as reasonable remuneration, has meant that the guest once satisfied has begun to dig up all of the muck she found earlier in the holiday when we believed that we had sorted and put to bed. She is now happy to attack my business, the villa, cleaners, service manager, the authorities and Dalyan from a position of anonymity.

After more than 10 years involved in the business of renting our villa in Dalyan, this is a first for me and I do pride myself upon looking after our guests. I take everything that has happened very seriously and will do my utmost to ensure that none of this happens again.
Dave Gibson, Owner
Steve P
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“another perfect holiday”
Reviewed 17 October 2015 for a stay in July 2015

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at the Mill and it's peaceful location makes for a very nice holiday. There is lots of space for the grandchildren to play in the gardens and the pool is great from 6am until whenever you can get the kids to go to bed, often having night time swims as a novelty.

On this occasion we met Dave and Amanda (owners) and had a couple of beers which was nice, Dalyan is a beautiful place unspoilt by the usual commercial hotel chains. another great holiday

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: a Lovely villa with lots of space
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
HDBUK
Glossop, United Kingdom
“Beautiful villa, stunning location”
Reviewed 5 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

If like us, you want privacy and space, not feeling like you can hear every sound from holidaying neighbours, but with all amenities nearby - The Karadag Mill is perfect solution. The villa is beautiful, spacious and delightfully presented, feels home from home with every amenity there. Pool sets the scene for family happiness and laughter, we too wanted to steal the terrace rocking chairs! Eating out cheap, but we had many happy family bbqs on the terrace.
Dalyan is perfect, caters for tourists in s relaxed and friendly way, but not ruined by ugly high rise hotels. The river and lake are stunning, set against the beautiful mountain backdrop, which provides a very welcome small breeze in the evening to make the hot August temperatures perfect. So much to do in this area, or do nothing / either a great option!
We are not prone to returning to the same place twice, but this will most definitely be an exception to that rule.
Communication from Dave was spot on. Really helpful and patient with my endless questions. Lastly, Turkey is a huge country - Don't be put off with troubles far away on their border. Go and enjoy!

Kezzap200...
Kettering, England, United Kingdom
“proper chillax”
Reviewed 15 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We spent 15 nights recently at Karadag Mill and it was so very relaxing. We love Dalyan, it is the only place in the world we have ever been to twice and will definitely be back, such a lovely welcoming and beautiful place with so much to offer. Dave & Amanda have thought of everything to really make sure you have the best and most relaxing time at their beautiful villa. The pool is amazing and our 4-year old loved being able to play in the kids pool without her swim vest on. We would have packed the rocking chairs from the veranda if we could have gotten away with it, so lovely to sit out in the evening and see the twinkling stars and the milkyway, the colours from the moon were stunning too. The pool bar was an excellent additional treat, giving not only extra space for the odd bottle of vino but saving us having to trapse from the pool to the house. The beds are very comfortable and the villa was exceptionally clean, everything worked beautifully and there is an amazing selection of DVD's and books, certainly no need to pack your own. Thank you for great memories.

Liked best: Pool & the rocking chairs
Liked least: having to come home
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
16 Jul 2015
We're so pleased that you enjoyed yourselves. It's so reassuring when others understand why we love the Karadag Mill and Dalyan so much and even when we're at the airport leaving for home we start counting the days to our return. Thank you again and we do hope that you'll visit Dalyan and "The Mill" again. Amanda and Dave
Heavenlyh...
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning villa in a superb location”
Reviewed 21 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Just returned from weeks stay at the Karadag Mill with a group of friends. We couldn't have been more impressed. Stunning villa with everything you need to cater for a large group, 5 ensuite bathrooms, all decent sizes, well equipped kitchen, plenty of outdoor seating in and out of the shade and a fantastic outside bar and pool area, with speakers to rig music up, optics, ice machine and BBQ. All transfers were organised and smooth and the house manager brought us bread, water and a crate of Efes beer on arrival! Dalyan itself is a small resort which feels very authentic, it has not been spoilt by the loud bars etc of other Turkish resorts. There are plenty of quality and good value restaurants to choose from, but if you want to self cater, the many shops, including a brilliant butchers provide all the locally produced goods you need. Correspondence with the owner was excellent and he gave clear instructions about the property, he even popped during his stay in Dalyan over to sort out a few things for us. We hope to visit Dalyan again soon and if we do the Karadag Mill will be first in our list of places to stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool and bar area
Liked least: Leaving!
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
2 Jun 2015
What can I say, THANK YOU! I am very aware that many people work very hard and save up for their holidays so it is very important to me that all who stay are happy with our villa and with Dalyan. We think it's a special place and never tire of either Dalyan or "The Mill" I'm extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return one day You will be very welcome :-)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;