“excellent home base for fishing trip”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Bei L
“excellent home base for fishing trip”
Reviewed 7 January 2015 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

I planned a fishing trip to Alaska with my family in Summer 2014. I knew I wanted to be riverfront so that we can casually fish from shore near our cabin, and I found Bill's lodge. I was initially a bit hesitant to book this place due to the lack of reviews, but I am very glad I did (I almost don't want to write this review so Bill's lodge doesn't become TOO popular!). The cabin was very adequate and comfortable for four (but don't expect the luxuries of a Four Seasons here, or anywhere in Alaska). Fishing from the platform on the property was great. BBQ grill on our balcony came in very handy to cook the fish we caught. Location was fairly good as it was about a 10 min drive to the Fred Meyers/Safeway. Bill helped us book a flyout trip (highly recommended) as well as a halibut trip. Bill can also help you smoke/package/freeze the fish you catch at a very reasonable rate. I highly recommend Bill's Alaska Sports Lodge and will be back another year!

Value Rooms
Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Family
Eugene N
San Francisco, California
“Great outlet to fishing, clamming, outdoors, and more!”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

I've stayed at this place twice and would come back again. The lodge is conveniently located on the Kenai river and offers two types of accommodations, both are comfortable and reasonably priced. We stayed in a cabin, which had everything we needed and more: kitchen, hot shower, grill, and an outdoor deck with a fabulous view over the river. The only thing I'd warn you about is that if you choose to sleep in a loft, make sure to you open the window or use the fan - it does get kind of hot during the night up there.

The host - Bill White - is a hospitable and very knowledgeable person who made our stay full of interesting events and was our main source of information about places and activities in the area. We had some excellent fishing without even leaving the lodge, which had a great dock right on the river. And there was so much more to do there besides fishing:
* razor clamming: youtu.be/ckHovMkiq2I
* mushroom hunting: youtu.be/KEubecrqw3I
* wild life watching: youtu.be/VWxZaX1wK0w

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing