“Whales, seals, jelly fish and amazing weather”
Review of Ketchikan Kayak Co

Ketchikan Kayak Co
Ranked #1 of 103 Tours in Ketchikan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Relaxing and educational eco-tours in the wonderland of Southeast Alaska by Sea Kayak or Guided E-bike & Hiking Tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our family of four (myself, my wife, and our two daughters age 18 and 20) recently took the sea kayak excursion as part of our 7 night Alaska Cruise with the Disney Wonder.

We booked this excursion privately rather then book with Disney and we are super glad we did.

We arrived to Ketchikan at port 1 and had a small walk to meet our guides at the Ketchikan Kayak Co office located just in front of port 3 off the boardwalk, on the hill side, it is easy to see as they have Ketchikan Kayak Co in there windows on the hill side.

Our guides Ryan and Austin where both great. Ryan was the lead guide and a real pro. He has been guiding kayak trips with Ketchikan Kayak Co for the past 5 years and I felt our family was extremely safe the whole excursion.

Ryan took us out Kayaking on an amazingly and rare sunny day in Ketchikan. We were able to kayak near whales, seals and other very interesting sea life. The salmon fishery just opened and we even spotted a couple salmon jumping through the lake.

At the end of our trip we all sampled some amazing salmon spread and for those non meat eaters,some very nice hummus.

Ryan, thank you for an outstanding and memorable day on the water!

Definitely recommend this excursion to other travellers!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"clover pass"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A friend told us about Devon Bittner's company. With 6 or more people, one can have a private, custom tour. I wanted my family to hike in the rainforest, see local Native American culture, and go to the beach. At the beach we saw eagles and whales. The rainforest has so much moss that I was tempted to go to sleep on it. In Juneau we went on a big company tour - expensive and terrible (close to traumatic) which is why I strongly recommend using locals for touring! There was no comparison and it was more expensive!

1  Thank elainejean