“5 beautiful glacier float plane ride!!”

Wings of Alaska Day Tours
Ranked #54 of 86 Tours in Juneau
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The best darn adventure ...I have been waiting my whole life to experience Alaska & Wing's Airways made my dream come true!!
The Best flight ever of the best clear sunny day Friday June 8th 2018 ...many thanks to the staff from the ride with LeRoya to the sweet young lady at the Wing's desk to the Best Pilot in the West Tony!! Thanks for letting me sit right seat!!!
I am coming back!!

"ship"
"alaska"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We traveled to Juneau on an NCL cruise and the Wings of Alaska 5 glacier float plane tour was one of the highlights of our trip. I was nervous about flying in a float plane but found the take-off, landing and flight to be very smooth. The scenery is so beautiful you quickly forget any fear of flying. While in flight, we were treated to a guided audio tour that included soothing music and history of the area as well as information about the glaciers and rivers. This trip is a must-do!

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We had the best time and the views are killer. The young lady who met us at the dock (sorry she had a unique name and was from New Mexico) was awesome - very friendly and very sunny disposition.

Our pilot Dan was also awesome. Very friendly and a great sense of humor.

The views while we were in the air were just unparalleled. The trip was well worth the money.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

The float plane was GREAT! The farthest back seat on either side is the best seat for photography, but all are good. We viewed 5 glaciers and heard commentary from the pilot. I saw eagles and 1 black bear (that looks like an elongated black spot in my picture!). Our flight lasted 55 minutes and was a wonderful way to see the topography of the land, mountains and glaciers. Do it! (we waited to book this flight to make sure the day was nice, not sure I would do it in the rain)

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 October 2017

My husband and I just cruised to Alaska on The Celebrity Solstice. We only picked a couple of excursions. This one is the absolute must do excursion. It takes you over five glaciers, which are absolutely stunning. I almost could not believe what my eyes were seeing. The pilot made sure both sides of the plane got the perfect view for video and pictures. I wanted to go up in a helicopter, but since I had a broken foot, I could not. They would have let me out on top of the glacier and I would have had to walk and then be picked up. If you are older and can't walk far or don't want to get really cold on top of the glacier, I would recommend the plane excursion. There was also the sweetest little black girl, which I cannot remember her name that picked us up right where was got off the ship and took us to the excursion. Well worth the money spent.

Been to Wings of Alaska Day Tours? Share your experiences!