“Great experience!”

Taku Glacier Lodge & Wings Airways
More attraction details
Owner description: The Best Glacier Flightseeing Adventures & Excursion Tours in Southeast Alaska! Offering glacier flightseeing by 10 passenger deHavilland Otter seaplane from the historic downtown Juneau waterfront. Tour includes the ultimate combination tour: the Taku Lodge Feast & 5-Glacier Seaplane Discovery (3 hours incluiding flightseeing and 2 hours at the remote Taku Glacier Lodge and Salmon feast. Also possible black bear sightings). Second tour option is the one hour 5-Glacier Flightseeing Exploration to view five glaciers of the Juneau Icefield, including the largest glacier in the whole icefield. See the Grandeur of Juneau, Alaska from Your Own Alaskan Float Plane Tour!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I did the sightseeing tour on Wednesday, and the views i saw, and the service I received, far surpassed any expectations I had. Taylor was very personable in getting me checked in and provided outstanding customer service. Wayne was my pilot, and he was great in making everyone feel very welcome and comfortable for the duration of the flight. It was also was neat in hearing some of Juneau's history in the headset along the way, and all of the examples that were given that really put into perspective just how massive those glaciers really are. I would recommend the trip to anyone who wants to see the incredible views SE Alaska has to offer!

All reviews
"guided nature walk"
"side dishes"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Are you kidding me? WOW! First....... taking off from the water in a pontoon plane is so exciting!!! (By the way much smoother than land) The views are beyond spectacular!!! Then, sigh, you LAND on the water right in front of the lodge! (Very smooth!) Short walk up to lodge, gift shop and salmon is being cooked on the grill. Yum. I went into the lodge while the other guests were still outside... and so glad I did, because I got the full blast experience of seeing the inside of the lodge without any other people. See pix! The fireplace was roaring! The bar was set up. Lovely set up for lunch!

Taku glacier ice pouring into the lake right in front of the lodge! WOW!!
Loved meeting Becca! Robert gave a brief talk about the history of the lodge... which was INCREDIBLE. What a story!
While outside, heard someone say "bear"... ! Turned to see a full gown bear trying to find salmon leftovers on the grill. Another bear came up and she chased it away. The black lab dogs were not bothered by the bears! The bears paid absolutely no attention to the people.
So wow... what a great cruise excursion! The gift shop has EXCEPTIONALLY good products!!! The hat I got that said "Taku Lodge" was quite frankly the best quality cap I've ever seen. Ever. Only $25.00. I got local pottery as well. CYDNEY in the gift shop helped me a lot!
What a lovely experience. Don't miss it. We were on a Crystal cruise and space was limited... so make sure you sign up early. Definitely one of my best travel memories!

1  Thank bfrancisdesign
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We were disappointed as our helicopter flight tho glacier and dog sledding was cancelled due to fog so we were able to book for the float plane flight to taku lodge. Smooth takeoff and landings. Upon arrival at the lodge we watched fresh salmon being cooked over open fire. When counted we went into the lodge tho eat the salmon with lovely salads. Two bears descended from a tree and liked the batting juices from beside the bbq. After they left another older make bear came out of the forest.
A wonderful experience around.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Wow! What an incredible trip! It was well organized, the seaplane clean & comfortable and the salmon bake delicious. The views of the glaciers from the sky took your breathe away. We have a bear come, which was very fun. Enjoy!!!