“Highly recommend!”
Review of Dive Rarotonga

Dive Rarotonga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are the only multi-agency certifying dive centre in the country, so we are able to offer the widest range of internationally recognised diving courses and qualifications in the Cook Islands. We offer courses from Open Water to Instructor level and have the highest qualified instructors in the Country from the top two worldwide training agencies.At Dive Rarotonga we offer quality diving in a fun and friendly atmosphere - so whether these are your first bubbles, you are already qualified and you are diving for fun, or you want to progress your professional diving career, we have dives to suit you!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Just completed my SSI open water diving course with these guys and had an absolute blast! All instrucers were highly experienced divers that promoted safe and environmentally friendly diving. They knew the dive spots well and had an experienced a diver manning the boat at all times as well as the divers in the water. Can't wait to go back to on Rarotonga and dive with these guys again!

2  Thank Pcd130
"amazing things"
"two tank"
"great visibility"

Reviewed 10 June 2018

My husband and I loved having a few dives with the guys from this diving centre. The owners were friendly and helpful since our email conversation prior to our arrival. We were able in this way to book the dives in advance and to pay an amount as deposit.
The diving tours were well organised and the briefings well done. I appreciated the fact that the team had a lot of experience, they cared about safety and took in consideration the depth I was allowed to dive to while choosing the diving spots.
In addition to this, on the last day the weather was so bad that they had to cancel the dives but since it was not our responsibility, as agreed, they refunded us the money for those dives. I really wish I have had more dives with this team!

1  Thank ChiaraMariaD
Reviewed 5 June 2018

I only dived one morning with Dive Raro - was booked for another day earlier in the week but weather didn't play ball.

Great service from all staff. Diving was really relaxed (but there was no doubt that the crew were always focussed on your safety). A couple of lovely dive sites too - 5 mins out from Avarua - one open wreck, and one reef dive (Paradise). Great viz - plenty of fish and coral (and a turtle).

Thoroughly recommended!

1  Thank TheFoggs
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I've dived all over and seen the good and the not so good. This place is good. They take small groups. There is a great emphasis on safety and comfort. As a diver with a bad back I really appreciate the help and good organisation that minimises lifting etc. The staff are very professional and fun and this makes for a great dive experience. I did two sets of dives and enjoyed every minute.
I thoroughly recommend them as a place to have fun, safe dives.

2  Thank divers69
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 May 2018

We came over in May to complete our SSI Advanced Adventurer certificate and to get in as much diving as possible.
We were not disappointed, the course was great, we got in lots of diving, (eight days), and met some really interesting sea animals from tiny flatworms and nudibranch to sharks, eagle rays and lion fish, to name just a few.
Paul, Karen, Ed, Selena and Hayley were all great and we learnt so much! Still have lots to learn but hey that's why we are coming back in September!
Dive Rarotonga cannot be faulted on their friendliness, professionalism, safety and attention to detail. Every dive seemed to be better than the last with so much to see and great people to dive with.
I can highly recommend Dive Rarotonga for those just starting out to learn to dive to the more experienced divers.
This company was recommended to us for learning to dive and we consider ourselves lucky to have completed our open water and advanced adventurer courses with them. They all went the extra mile to make sure we understood and learnt everything we needed to and more along the way. It was great to dive with a company so passionate about diving and caring for the environment.
The highlight of this trip for me was seeing a GIANT Moray eel, and yes it was pretty big! :-)