All reviewsmini barcosta ricanational stadiumstopover hotelbig parksabana parkhotel offerscomfortable bedsa nice place to stayfree breakfast islong flightjavierconciergebellboybeddingtelevisionsjo
Reviewed 3 March 2015 via mobile

Stayed at Palma for four days whilst attending a seminar at nearby Crowne Plaza Hotel. Found Juan and Javier extremely helpful! Pura vida! Breakfast was great but that was the only meal I took at the hotel. My room on third floor was fine.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Humberto A, eCommerce Manager at Palma Real Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2015

Dear Bob,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel here on Tripadvisor.

We can see that you had a great stay and that our services and facilities were of your liking. It is of the utmost importance for us to hear of our clients’ stays. We use all the comments and suggestions to help us improve in order to offer better service every day.

On behalf of all our staff, we send you warm greetings and hope to be able to serve you again when your travel plans bring you to Costa Rica.

Reviewed 26 February 2015

I stayed there on two separate occasions and found the service to be excellent both times. My room was comfortable but there was no view. Buffet breakfast is included. There is a business centre on the third floor which I used a lot since I had not brought my laptop with me. There was espresso machine there for free coffee. Unfortunately I could not take advantage of the shuttle to the airport because I had not booked it in time and it was full.

Room Tip: No room had a view so it wouldn't matter.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo

Dear Marilyn

Thank you for reviewing us here on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to see that you had a great stay. It is fantastic that you were able to use and enjoy our services and that our business center was of help during your stay.

We are sorry you couldn’t use the free shuttle; to avoid running out of space, we recommend to our clients to book this service with at least 48 hours prior to departure; the reservation can even be made before checking in via email.

We thank you again for taking the time and rating us on tripadvisor.
Best regards.

Reviewed 12 February 2015

Stayed for two nights, great staff, very friendly. My room was clean and spacious, but a bit worn, and my "view" from what was supposed to be an upgraded suite, was looking at the airconditioning units on the roof of one section of the hotel - and any further view was blocked. The room lacked in outlets - there was one by the desk and one by the bed, though the latter was fully taken up by a clock radio and a lamp, so I had to unplug the former in order to just charge my phone, while the one outlet at the desk was fine for my laptop. Breakfast was average, they could use some more options than toasted white bread, scrambled eggs, rice & beans, and fruit - maybe some yogurt, pastries, another hot option? Things are a bit noisy at night from the attached casino, and particularly when well inebriated participants head back to their rooms in the wee hours.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank saltshaker

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with us; hearing what our clients have to say about their stays is the best way to improve and be able to keep giving high quality of service in all areas.

We thank you for your observations and all your suggestions have already being transferred to the management department
Best regards.

Reviewed 6 January 2015

I stayed in this hotel for 7 nights. Wi-Fi is good, the hotel staff are very friendly. Rooms are comfortable and good size with double bed. NO SMOKING Casino, open 24 Hrs., cheap drinks. It is about 15 - 20 minutes from the Airport.
30 minutes walk to the center of San Jose City
I would stay here again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Hecsanpr

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel here on Tripadvisor. It is very important for us to know about our clients’ stays. We are glad that you found all our services of your liking and that your stay was good.

Aside from the Free Wi-Fi which we offer in all rooms and public areas of the hotel, we also have a free shuttle to and from the airport and this service can be scheduled via email 48 hours before your arrival. In our rates, a breakfast buffet is included, where you can enjoy of a wide selection of options.

We thank you for your review and send you warm greetings.

Reviewed 24 December 2014

If you value cleanliness then this hotel is to be avoided. The condition of the floor, linens, towels, walls, and shower all convey  the same message: management stopped caring about the overall cleanliness of the place.  We had the breakfast buffet once and did not return: in addition to awful presentation, the food was really bad.  This is Costa Rica so getting a good cup of coffee shouldn't be too difficult yet they managed to provide undrinkable coffee.  We ended up going to the nearby corner store to buy breakfast.  Twelve years ago this was a good hotel.  In fact, our business guests used to stay here.  Since then, it appears that it's been a steep decline.  We had a second non-refundable reservation that we cancelled as staying here again will not help create the memories one wants to have of Costa Rica.  One can't understand this place having a 4-star rating.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family