My family and I stayed here two times. Two nights when we arrived and three nights before we left back to the states. I am pretty picking and a mother of two teen sons. My 80 year old mother in law has stayed here several times and recommended it. I was pleasantly surprised. I had read some of the reviews and did see or experience anything bad. On a trip 3 years ago we had stayed at the Holiday Inn and I like the Sleep Inn better. It is newer and cleaner than the Holiday Inn.
The staff were friendly and helpful. In the morning there is a complimentary breakfast mini buffet. I enjoyed it very much and enjoyed the fresh fruit. Alejandro (I think that was his name), was very attentive and friendly. He worked hard to make sure everyone was taken care of. I do not speak much Spanish but I was able to communicate with him. He was always smiley and friendly. That helps when you are away from home.
There is a washer and dryer for doing laundry. When we were there it takes US quarters. 4 quarters to wash and 4 quarters to dry. I had to 2 cycles of the dryer. but I was very happy to be able to wash my teenage son's clothes :)
There is also a little gift shop with some toiletries, some drinks, some candy, and some souvenirs. I did take advantage of this and did a little shopping.
My husband speaks Spanish so he dealt with the front desk for check in and check out. But when I had to get tokens/quarters for the washer I was able to communicate with them. they always said hello and goodbye.
I recommend this hotel for anyone whether a family, couple, business trip or if you need a place to stay. If would be perfect if it had a swimming pool. I think they did have a gym but I was too busy out and about to see it. One minor thing that happened was the keys had to be reprogrammed twice will we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Sleep Inn San Jose Down town is conveniently located in the heart of the city, only fifteen kilometers from the Juan Santamaria International Airport. It is only a short distance from tourist attractions like the Teatro Nacional, Museo de Jade, Museo de Oro, parks that are part of our national heritage, and many others.Our guests can start the day with a complimentary full American buffet breakfast, from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sleep Inn Hotel Paseo Las Damas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn San Jose Downtown Hotel San Jose
- San Jose Sleep Inn
- Sleep Inn San Jose Costa Rica
- Sleep Inn Costa Rica