“good lunch offer”

Del Mar
Ranked #207 of 842 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 15 January 2018

a nice, big art deco building is hosting this restaurant. for just 3000 C. you get a good business lunch (menu ejecutivo) here. a little soup, a small salad, a main dish (a choice of 3, one of veg) and a little sweet or juice. my veg lasagne came with rice, beans, and bananas. a good meal for little money. also else, the menue offers a great diversity for reasonable prices.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Sorry to say the paintings and decor were more interesting than the food. Watching customers use the salad bar emphasised what another reviewer said about small plates.
The main dishes were full plates of food but lacked any finesse, they were served before we finished our appetisers and there was no need to rush as we were the only people eating at that point. Only 8 diners in a large room at that point in the evening. Both our choices of red wine were unavailable and we had to settle for a poor white instead

Reviewed 6 February 2017

Went here twice and the first time was decent. There were six of us the tab was about $115 US. The food was decent this night. The second night I went here because it was only thing close by open. There were for of us and they handed me a bill of over $200. I questioned it and asked to see the breakdown of everything we ordered. He would not show that to me and then came back with a lower bill. Still $169. Told him still to high and to show me the breakdown. Would not show me the breakdown and came back with a lower bill. I just said fine to get out of there. Also on this visit we were the only ones in there. The food took forever and the it was cold. Beware of this place if you are a visitor they will try and rip you off. In fact I would just stay away.

1  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 16 January 2017

The food is very good - staff are courteous but it's the room we dubbed as the "Princess room" that got us going a few more times. The decor is beautiful and it is surrounded by stained glass. We both sit at the far end so we are able to see the view of the restaurant and the most amazing chandeliers.

Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is actually located in heart of San Jose at Calle 9 and Ave. 1. Enter on Ave. 1.

This restaurant was formerly a personal residence as evidenced by the crown molding, pocket doors, stain glass bay window and large windows in bathrooms. So plenty of atmosphere.

Staff was courteous and efficient.

That said, our dishes were just average. The spaghetti bolognese (ordered because of previous TripAdvisor reports) had only a little flavor and was soupy. The fettucine with shrimp and asparagus tips was also soupy. Plenty of shrimp but the asparagus was cooked until limp and wasn't the tender tips but the tough stalks. The Caesar salad was good.

Those two entrees, one salad and two sodas cost us over $50.