US$98
US$96
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
US$138
US$91
Balmoral Hotel(San Jose)
US$103
US$84
Cocoon Hotel(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$44
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Fleur de Lys(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$56
Hostel Casa Colon(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$48
  • Breakfast included
Aldea San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$45
  • Restaurant
Costa Rica Guesthouse(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$40
Hotels.com
US$152
All reviewsdental workfull kitchensabana parktoaster ovenbath suiteevery morningdental treatmentlaundry soapexcellent place to staycosta ricaliving areacleaned dailydental carefree airport transportationapartment hotelhave stayed here many timesdaily breakfast
Reviewed 27 October 2017

This is a great value. The price of a room includes free transportation from the airport and only $5 for the return trip. The suites have an apartment feel to them. Air conditioning in the bedrooms is a plus. Breakfast is plentiful and includes more than what American hotels offer. Staff is bilingual and helpful. Everything I have ever needed is within walking distance. There are grocery stores, convenience stores, pharmacies, restaurants, and fast food within a 20 minute walk. Never have I had a feeling of being unsafe. When walking at night a flashlight is a good idea as the sidewalks and streets can be uneven in places.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank viafirenze
Reviewed 27 September 2017

We stayed here for 1 night. Our room was very good, immaculate, and seemed quiet when we checked in.

We ate dinner at L'Olivio, the italian restaurant there. We had read good reviews online about it, and it was close and convenient. We sat down at 6:45 for dinner, and at 7:45 still no sign of our food. When we asked our waiter how much longer, he seemed to get defensive and ranted on about it taking time to prepare.....BUT what we noticed, was another table full of men, who HE knew....shook their hands, who came in AFTER us, got their food WAY before us!

Our waiter's comments became more and more condescending to us when we asked him anything....when I asked him about dessert and what the lava cake came with...he said "ICE CREAM!".....so I asked him what FLAVOR of ice cream......couldn't he have told me that first??? It seemed like if you KNEW him, you did well.....if you were a tourist, you didn't. We told him we had to be up at 4 a.m. for an early flight. He didn't speed up at all....just took his time IGNORING us and serving other tables.

He overcharged us on the water, which we didn't notice until later (there are 2 types of bottled water on the menu....when we asked for water, we didn't HAVE a menu yet, and he didn't tell us about the different prices....VERY SNEAKY!!! (Just give the dumb tourists the most EXPENSIVE bottle!).....and was VERY rude overall. He is a large man, with a black moustache and a black goatee. I don't know his name. We had to ask another man for our check, since our waiter NEVER did bring it to us. It took us almost 2 hours to eat there, and get our check. WAY TOO LONG for a place that wasn't that busy. They just cater to the locals....so if you're a tourist, you may want to eat somewhere else. We will NEVER eat there again. The food was good when it DID come, but my son was sick the next day with an upset stomach.....so who knows!

I complained afterwards at the front desk of the hotel....where I was told to write a letter to the restaurant manager.....which I did. NEVER heard anything from them.

At 3 a.m., there was a group of employees lingering around in the hall below us yelling and carrying on for over an hour. They kept my husband awake.....he did not call the front desk and told me about this the next morning on the way to the airport.

Seems like many of the employees there have NO consideration for their guests.

We wouldn't stay here again. Tourists beware!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I have being staying here for years when I pop into San José on business.Its always a sweet & easy.
Simple,clean & good for families.
Plus,great Italian Resturant that's also special & delicious.
Pura Vida Amigos.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast spread (they cook eggs as requested). Hotel provides free pickup from the airport and for a small fee will take you to the airport. We booked a two bedroom room (not much $ more than a single bedroom) and it was more like a small condo. It was very clean (and kept clean by the great maid service), large tile shower was nice. The room came with a full kitchen that came in handy for eating in a few times. The beds were very comfortable too. The front desk exchanged my dollars for their currency (at a good exchange rate). Hotel is walking distance to several places to eat and a supermarket. Shopping malls and downtown San Jose are a short taxi/Uber ride away. We liked using Uber over a taxi as Uber rates are lower and no $ surprises. Most tour companies will pick you up at the hotel for tours you may want to take. Again, great place/great value hotel to base your tours from San Jose. Great country to visit, lot to see and do, very tourist friendly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I had a hard time deciding where to stay and am so happy I chose Hotel Suites Cristina. I wanted a quiet place but not too far from downtown and this was perfect. Only a short $3 taxi ride to downtown and it was so peaceful.
Stayed 5 nights and I thought it was excellent value for money.
The reception staff were friendly, spoke excellent English, and very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Sylvia helped me book 3 tours and our onward shuttle service.
The hotel gardens are beautiful. Nice pool area, too.
The room was exceptionally clean. We don't require daily cleaning so we put out the Do Not Disturb sign. When we returned the housekeeping staff had slipped a note under the door saying if we needed anything to please call them.
The kitchen was well kitted out with toaster oven, hob, microwave, big fridge, pots/pans, dishes, cutlery and basic cooking tools.
There was a dining table, lounge suite and TV in the front room and queen size bed, TV, and desk in the bedroom. Also a walk in closet with shelving. The bathroom was a bit on the small size but adequate. Great hot water supply and large shower area. WiFi was flawless! Very quick and at all times of the day/evening. Better in fact than our experience in the USA!
The breakfast buffet was attractive with eggs to order, pancakes, local rice and beans, good selection of fruit and juices, great coffee, etc. (Only bad note was the cereals were stale.)
I used the laundry to wash clothes before we left and the front desk even provided laundry soap with the washer/dryer tokens.
Can't recommend it enough. Excellent place to stay!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple