“My Introduction to Costa Rica”

Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana
Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 5 December 2017

We took advantage of a last minute tour opportunity to visit Costa Rica. We stayed at the Tryp Hotel the day we arrived and also on our last day before returning to the States. We were very pleased with our stay. Although the neighborhood itself was not attractive, the hotel was close to the main street which offered lots of restaurants and shopping opportunities. What impressed me most about the hotel was Miguel Moya. Miguel greeted us with a smile and willingly and professionally helped with any issue that arose throughout our stay at the hotel. my only hint would be to bring your own reading lamp as the lighting in the rooms are very poor..

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Sylvia V, Jefe de Operaciones at Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback regarding our installation and services. I will pass your kind comments to Miguel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 077)

8 - 12 of 1 077 reviews

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Fairly standard corporate hotel on the edge of the city centre. Our room was clean but a strange shape, long and thin with the bed in an alcove near the entrance. Windows at far end and very poor lighting so you couldn't sit in the chair and read. Bar staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast good. Mini bar a bit excessive. Good for a quick stopover in San Jose.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Sylvia V, Jefe de operaciones at Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, your comments are very important for us and help us improve in those areas that need attention.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Very friendly and helpful at the front desk at check in.
Service in the restaurant not that great - but the food is good.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Tryp Hotels

Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

I booked our stay on booking.com and upon arriving the guy asked me what i thought to be "just one night" which turned out to actually be "just one right"

We got to the room after a 4.5 hour car drive from our home in dominical to rest and shower when the phone rang and i was asked immediately to pay 30 bucks for my guest who had to leave by 8pm as "security" had seen someone go to my room. Seriously my partner is from CR and your security is profiling. I was absolutely livid as what is this mean to entail...

I told them that i booked a queen room on booking.com and registered two guest on there. They obviously pay no attention to the details received by booking....

I was then asked to come to reception to sign a slip they had "forgotten" to give me.
Could this not have waited until the morning as i had already signed the credit card slip on check in.

Total joke for the first hour of arrival and very poor service. I have stayed here before and previously had comical room service problems where i was sent white wine instead of red and the wrong meal to my room and given no appology or discount.

This hotel is pretending to be upper level in San Jose and its just dissapointing.

I am a hotel imorovement consultant and i would love to shake this tree of its dead wood.

Very very poor

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

My trip would have been horrible without the help of Jorge. He knew all about Costa Rica. Wherever I needed to go he would pull out the map and find the place and then he would book a car for someone to pick me up. He was awesome! Give him a raise!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family