US$107
US$102
Bookit.com
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$138
US$91
Balmoral Hotel(San Jose)
US$99
US$84
Hotel Fleur de Lys(San Jose)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$63
US$56
Cocoon Hotel(San Jose)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$57
US$43
  • Free Breakfast
Hostel Casa Colon(San Jose)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$52
US$48
  • Free Breakfast
Aldea San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$51
US$45
  • Restaurant
Costa Rica Guesthouse(San Jose)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$41
US$40
US$152
Reviews (1 150)
1 150 results
All reviewscosta ricapremium suitenice hotelbreakfast buffetcorner roomcity hotelcomfortable bedscoffee makermini bartwo blockspaseo colonone night stayyogurtenjoyed my stayrandallairportsabana
43 - 48 of 1 150 reviews
Reviewed 1 December 2017

Fairly standard corporate hotel on the edge of the city centre. Our room was clean but a strange shape, long and thin with the bed in an alcove near the entrance. Windows at far end and very poor lighting so you couldn't sit in the chair and read. Bar staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast good. Mini bar a bit excessive. Good for a quick stopover in San Jose.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Sylvia V, Jefe de operaciones at Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, your comments are very important for us and help us improve in those areas that need attention.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Very friendly and helpful at the front desk at check in.
Service in the restaurant not that great - but the food is good.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Tryp Hotels
Sylvia V, Jefe de Operaciones at Tryp by Wyndham San Jose Sabana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

I booked our stay on booking.com and upon arriving the guy asked me what i thought to be "just one night" which turned out to actually be "just one right"

We got to the room after a 4.5 hour car drive from our home in dominical to rest and shower when the phone rang and i was asked immediately to pay 30 bucks for my guest who had to leave by 8pm as "security" had seen someone go to my room. Seriously my partner is from CR and your security is profiling. I was absolutely livid as what is this mean to entail...

I told them that i booked a queen room on booking.com and registered two guest on there. They obviously pay no attention to the details received by booking....

I was then asked to come to reception to sign a slip they had "forgotten" to give me.
Could this not have waited until the morning as i had already signed the credit card slip on check in.

Total joke for the first hour of arrival and very poor service. I have stayed here before and previously had comical room service problems where i was sent white wine instead of red and the wrong meal to my room and given no appology or discount.

This hotel is pretending to be upper level in San Jose and its just dissapointing.

I am a hotel imorovement consultant and i would love to shake this tree of its dead wood.

Very very poor

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

My trip would have been horrible without the help of Jorge. He knew all about Costa Rica. Wherever I needed to go he would pull out the map and find the place and then he would book a car for someone to pick me up. He was awesome! Give him a raise!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Stayed here one night after a sight seeing visit of San Jose as part of TUI Grand Tour of Costa Rica. Quite a smart looking place and the rooms were comfortable. No Ice machine near the rooms one had to make a visit to the bar. The bar was ok and we made use of the Happy Hour for drinks and Tapas. Breakfeast was also excellent.

The one feature I did not like at all was the mini-bar and other items placed on show in the room to room to try and tempt you to part with your money. No real danger of that because the prices were outrageous. Everthing from spirits, soft drinks, confectionary, toothbrushes, headache pills and water were there staring you in the face. I didn’t dare use any water for the coffee machine in case there was to be a charge. I have stayed at many places where the front desk would be happy to supply some of these items free of charge if you had forgotten something- but not here. This feature is something that would put me off from returning here

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple