“Excellent facilities for a business trip.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Jose
Intercontinental Costa Rica At Multiplaza Mall
Ranked #34 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 16 April 2017

On business, arrived late evening and used transportation services for pickup at airport. Meal that evening was very good, restaurant friendly for single woman. Room was clean and well appointed, nice toiletries and robe was good to have. Conference room was very well done and food at restaurants and during conference was above average.
Air conditioner running too cold and not needed, I was freezing in the conference. Transport to airport not available for private car on a Sunday, wish they'd advised me to book earlier, taxi worked out ok, but I don't speak Spanish so I was a bit worried. Would return. Oh, and I was on second floor, wish I could have taken the stairs instead of elevator.

Room Tip: Don't be by elevator bank it was very noisy there.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We were on a family trip to Costa Rica. We stayed at 4 different hotels including this one. The tragedy was that the hotel environment, the room, the setting etc. was tremendous despite being in a busy part of the city. The food was quite good but the staff and service were marginal at best. We checked in late at night only to find the room un-serviced among other things. The rooms have NO instructions for use of any devices etc. We found the attitude of the staff for every interaction to be lackadaisical at best. I don't mean laid back and friendly, I mean blase. This was not an inexpensive location so I did not appreciate the attitudes. We love Costa Rica but will not return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2017

I stayed here for one night at the beginning of a tour and was very happy with both the property and the staff. The property itself is not only beautiful, with a series of pools and hot tubs, but convenient to shops for quick access to things you might need.

The rooms have the typical amenities of the brand including coffee maker and great beds! The gym is no only 24 hours but greatly equipped. The lobby bar should be visited at least once. The bartenders were friendly and ready with suggestions to meet your thirst needs. If you go to the breakfast buffet and can't find something you like, you won't find food anywhere! They are stocked for international tastes of most cultures and have a fancy coffee bar to keep you caffeinated.

While we were there, it looked to be a popular place for conferences. The conference rooms that I saw (during a pre-tour briefing) were very nice and met the standards of what I would expect from the brand as well. They have some other private banquet areas by the pool as well, which look like they would be a slightly more picturesque location for a dinner or presentation than a stuffy conference room.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I stayed with my two children (ages 7 and 9) for three nights, and after a small hiccup at check-in, we had a marvelous time. There were several staff members who went above and beyond for my children. I was attending a conference, and the concierge Bryan was able to arrange a babysitter for me. My boys spent half a day at the pool with Karol (from housekeeping), and Gustavo and Christopher (who staff the pool bar), and they had a ball. Karol was so loving and patient with the boys, and taught them Spanish. The boys wanted to spend the next two days with Karol, Gustavo, and Christopher at the pool. The concierge Bryan was also helpful beyond words. He answered so many questions that we had, and did his best to make our stay great. Another high point was the morning breakfast buffet. It included a mix of US/European and local foods, there was a lot of variety, and it changed daily. We sat out on the patio and the temperature was perfect with a view of the gardens and pool. Our server Anthony was so nice. We made a point to sit in his section after meeting him our first morning there.

We thought the hotel was very nice, and the front desk manager was extremely responsive to the problem I had at check-in. But most importantly, we would stay here again in a heartbeat just to visit with the people who made the trip so comfortable and fun for my children. Karol, Gustavo, Christopher, Bryan, and Anthony were all genuinely kind and caring people who made our stay at the hotel absolutely wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank blew2015
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Pros: Nice rooms, very clean, good bath amenities, nice pool area, food was very good.

Cons: pool seemed to be under constant maintenance, hallway carpets need to be re-stretched, check in was chaotic, not close to downtown.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple