Reviews (1 493)
1 493 results
All reviews club tower caravan tour costa rica sushi san jose pool area beautiful hotel lobby bar food court breakfast buffet multiplaza mall alfredo business trip free internet central america rooms are nice market
245 - 250 of 1 493 reviews
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here every single month for the past year and here are some things I have noticed. This is definitely the place for you if you like to be ignored by snobby people. Oh and kept waiting for hours for things that you need. I am allergic to down and of course everything is down pillows, blankets and mattress topper. The bed without the mattress topper is horrible, not comfortable at all. I have tried letting them know ahead of time that I am coming and would like a feather free room. It has never worked, every time I come my room is full of feathers. So then I have to call and ask for the bedding to be changed. Half the time they only remove the pillows and mattress topper BUT DO NOT CHANGE THE SHEETS. Which results in a miserable night for me being stuffed up and can't breath. I literally have to stand over them and make sure they actually changed the sheets as I have already explained to the front desk. After calling the front desk for anything be prepared to wait at the very least 45 minutes, more like an hour every time. Maybe this is inherently Costa Rica "pura vida" i don't know but it is very frustrating! One time I sat in the lounge directly at the bar for 45 minutes trying to get someone's attention to order a drink, seriously! And forget about the market grill restaurant, the staff does the head turn every time they walk by so you can't ever ask for anything. The sushi place is the worst. Once they deliver your food they won't come back, have fun trying to get the bill or anything else. Btw the spicy edamame is way too hot, don't order it, took my breath away.
The last straw was December 14 when I stayed in room 525. After a miserable night when I felt like I was sleeping on a slope all night I saw the bed was broken, it was caved in the middle. This is when the nightmare began, I called the front desk asking to be moved since the bed was broken. They said we will send someone right away to fix it. An hour later a guy arrives, who doesn't speak any English and my Spanish is not enough to understand him so we call the front desk and they tell me he wants to get "a stone to put under the bed to fix it" . I ask for a manager, he's in a meeting. I again ask to change rooms. Oh he will fix the bed. He was in my room for 2 HOURS. I CANT TAKE A SHOWER I HAVE TO WAIT ALL AFTERNOON FOR THEM TO GET OUT IF MY ROOM. HE LITERALLY LAID ON THE FLOOR WHILE HE WAITED FOR SOMEONE TO BRING HIM SOMETHING TO FIX THE BED FOR 2 HOURS. OMG! After he was done it still bowed down in the middle. I AGAIN ask to change rooms as the bed is unacceptable. They say we will send someone to move you. I figure it will be an hour per usual before they come so I get in the shower and forgot to bolt the door. A guy comes IN MY ROOM WHILE I AM IN THE SHOWER AND TALKS TO ME THRU THE BATHROOM DOOR! SERIOUSLY! I tell him get out, I will call when I am ready. After I get dressed I call AND AGAIN ASK TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER AND AGAIN I AM GIVEN THE RUN AROUND. I told the guy to just leave the key thru the door and he did not so I wait another hour for someone to bring a key to move me. I leave a tip for the maid and then I have to tip the guy who moves me. I have to hurry up to meet my friends for dinner but stop at the desk to speak to the manager who AGAIN is not available. So the guy at the front desk says I'm sorry for the hassle can I offer you a free drink? Seriously how about a massage for how sore I am from the terrible bed!!! No a free pass to 'happy hour in tower one', it was 4pm. I said ok, oh but it doesn't start until 6pm!! I said I am meeting my friends for dinner at 5pm so that won't work for me. HE SHRUGS HIS SHOULDERS AND THAT WAS ALL! FINALLY the next day as was leaving I asked again for a manager and FINALLY got to speak to one. What can he offer at this point?! Nothing. Give me your email address, which I did and I still have not heard from him, why bother! To say I was more than pissed would put it mildly. This place sucks AND I AM SO BUMMED I HAVE TO GO BACK THIS MONTH TO BE TORTCHURED AGAIN.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Cynthia W
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2017

Dear Cynthia W,

We are grateful to you for being one of our guests at InterContinental Costa Rica San Jose, and getting out of your way to leave us your feedback. We understand that your stay was not a complete success because of the service rendered that is not at par and for unmet requirements on your bedding. Thank you for letting us know about your experience and in line with this, we have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

Thank you for your patronage and we hope we look forward to receiving your response so that we can be of further assistance.

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 29 December 2016

This is the high end of San Jose hotels. From their customer service to their room comfort, they cover all the bases.Family or business- you'll be comfortable here. The bilingual staff are well prepared to handle English and Hispanic customers. Being next door to the best mall in Costa Rica helps. I needed an adapter for my phone and found it on Christmas eve.

They have a variety of restaurants, so you don't even need to venture out. But I wouldn't let this be your base for Costa Rica. Do explore. This is a good base for San Jose and flights in and out and a day or so in the San Jose area.

Room tip: I faced the pool and they may be the quieter rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Ricardo M, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear avlhome,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and as you say business or family you are comfortable with us. Thank you for choosing us for your stay in San Jose, we really hope you enjoyed Costa Rica.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

The hotel is beautiful. I found the staff to be exceptional in their service. However, we had a 3am evacuation from our room from a fire in restaurant on the first floor. There was substantial smoke throughout one of the towers where we were staying. I recommend inquiring about the residual damage as I do not see anything on their website.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank CheepsLB

Dear CheepsLB,
thank you very much for choosing us in your stay in San Jose. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us, we are sorry to hear you found some inconveniences during your stay. We are very sorry we disturbed you.

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

I was fortunate to recently stay at this hotel after a long flight, the check in service was excellent and the room was very comfortable with the xcellent decor.

The breakfast offer was extensive and good value.

Great value hotel

Trip type: Travelled solo
Ricardo M, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear Gefoh,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are more than happy to hear our breakfast buffet at The Market met your expectations. Thank you for acknowledging our staff work at the reception. It was a pleasure to have you with us.

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed here with a tour group. Everything was beyond our expectations. The service was excellent. The rooms were top notch and you can't beat the location. I would definitely stay here or my own if I return to Costa Rica.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Grancy06
Ricardo M, General Manager at Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Dear Grancy06,
Thank you very much for sharing your last visit to our hotel. We are more than happy to hear you met all your expectations, and made the most of your stay with us.