“BUCKET LIST DAY!! BEST FISHING DAY EVER!!”

Los Monos Sportfishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: premier sportfishing + adventures + lodging in Costa Rica
Reviewed 24 July 2018

WOW! WOW! WOW! From first correspondence with Los Monos everything was first class! Do not hesitate for one second to book with them. We arranged a 3/4 day charter and it was one of the best days ever! The crew of our boat was so great and our Captain Orlando was amazing— so skilled and drove the boat like a champ… knew exactly how to back down on the fish when he needed to. We caught 2 huge (Both over 250lbs yellowfin tuna) and a beautiful sailfish!! BUCKET LIST day!! Beautiful lunch on the boat… AMAZING experience… we will never forget!! Thank you Los Monos we will be back!!

Date of experience: July 2018
in 24 reviews
"diego"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 14 July 2018

This was my second fishing trip on the Monkeyshine with Los Monos. The first trip back in May was incredible, 9 sailfish. Hard to beat that right? Wrong! This trip, my second, we landed 1 large sailfish, 15 tuna and a 350lb+ Black Marlin! This experience was life-changing. Chepe and Juan are no doubt one of the best crews in Costa Rica and the Monkeyshine is a stunning boat with everything you need for an AMAZING day on the water. I highly recommend Los Monos, the Monkeyshine and Chepe & Juan. I'll be back for more!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 4 June 2018

I used Los Monos about 5 months ago with my girlfriend. I returned to Quepos with my 11 and 15 year old. They had never been deep sea fishing before. We had a GREAT DAY. I mean fantastic. The crew taught them how to reel in fish and they were super patient. I have literally never caught fish so quickly. Within 5 minutes of dropping the line in the water I caught the first wahoo. My son they reeled in a 70 pound wahoo. Then 3 mahi-mahi within the first 90 minutes. So we went looking for a Sailfish.

We then headed back and snorkeled for a few minutes. These guys have decent enough equipment but stick to fishing with them.

I've used them twice and each time they have been perfect. A lot of memories with my kids. And what's more important than that?

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

A group of 6 fit on this custom boat perfectly. We ran into all kinds of weather. Both the boat and the deck hand, Juan, were perfect to accommodate to each passing hour. Especially important was the ability to stay dry as it rained. Juan was prepared to catch the bait as soon as we made it to the reef, there was no wasted time or movements. Once we made it to the bait station, about an hour and fifteen minutes, we caught our live bait and then jumped in the ocean for a quick dip, which felt like silk. Straight to fishing and within minutes we had a 200-300lb blue marlin on the hook. Unfortunately it got away just under an hour into the fight, but had 3-4 beautiful breaches. The captain was great with the movement of the boat, and Juan was all over the place trying to help us reel in this monster. I think they felt bad, as we were ushered straight to a school of 500+ dolphins who were herding tuna. We caught 3 yellowfin (25-50lb) and headed back for the day. The captain put us right on the fish, and Juan had lines in the water with the intent to catch. The trip was professionally done. I would recommend this company.

Date of experience: April 2018