“Terrible company! Very unprofessional.”

Reel In Luxury Sport Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Manuel Antonio, Quepos, Costa Rica's #1 Luxury Sport Fishing Charter Company. The best offshore/deep sea fishing charters and inshore fishing charters in Quepos, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica. We are located in the Marina Pez Vela. Our two luxury yachts are equipped to do all types of fishing charters. Quepos Sport Fishing is world renowned for being one of the best places in the world to catch Big Game Fish. We arrange your fishing charter from our office, located in Manuel Antonio, which is the resort area for Quepos. Chartering one of our beautiful Luxury Sport Fishing Yachts is very simple. We are here to help you book your fishing charter excursion and will answer all of your questions. There are several Sport Fishing Charters in Costa Rica to choose from, such as the Full Day Offshore, Half Day Inshore, and 3/4 Bottom Fishing. To determine which sport fishing charter is ideal for you, it is important to identify the species that you are targeting. Enjoy A Day Offshore Fishing in Quepos, Costa Rica with Reel In Fishing. The Full Day Offshore is the perfect fishing charter for those anglers targeting The Big Game Fish such as Sailfish, Dorado, Marlin, Wahoo, and Tuna. Deep Sea Fishing in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica is a fun filled adventure and a must do activity! Inshore Fishing in Quepos Manuel Antonio Costa Rica is a great fishing adventure for those anglers looking to catch species such as Rooster Fish, Grouper, Spanish Mackerel, Red Snapper, and Snook. Inshore Fishing is done close to the Manuel Antonio National Park. Inshore Fishing is a great activity for anyone who is visiting Quepos Manuel Antonio Costa Rica and is looking for a exciting adventure. If you are looking to fish for something to eat, such as Red Snapper and Grouper, the 3/4 Bottom Fishing Trip is perfect for targeting these Delicious Species.
Reviewed 25 January 2018

I had two bad experiences with this company. First, I hired them for a private tour for my family and I paid the full price in order to have the best experience for them. However, they decide to use our day trip to take photos having two extra persons in the boat. Definetaly this make us feel uncorfotables because we had to stop any time they wanted to take a photo! Due all the inconveniences, they promissed to send us the photos but they never did, even when I we contact them several times.

I decided to give them another oportunity and I booked another trip for my clients 3 months in advance and Mandel took our deposit and confirmed the tour. I called him one day before to double check with Mandel and he couldnt find the reservation on his "new computer system" . Then two hours later, he called us to cancell our tour because according with him, one motor was broken!!!

They have a nice boat but they want to keep offering the service, need to be more profesional.

ReelInsportfishing, Owner at Reel In Luxury Sport Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

The first part of this review is not true, as we don't have photographers on our fishing tours, please post accurate information.

The second part of this review is that yes we had a reservation with you (paradise breezes) and the day before we experience some issues with our boat, so we tried to find another boat to solve the problem and to have your guests be able to enjoy a day on the water, however, all of the other boats were busy and were unable to take your clients, we refunded the money immediately, as soon as we found out we had an issue on our boat.

For those who have ever owned a boat in their life, can relate to the fact that even though you invest a lot of money to have your boat up and running, sometimes, things occur to the boat that require a fix, which is what happened to our boat.

I am very surprised that this Company (Paradise Breezes) would write such a negative review about our company since we have many years chartering their clients. I am very sorry that you feel we are unprofessional, we do try our best to give the best service.

Thank you for your review.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"ii"
"baits"

Reviewed 24 December 2017

I am the one in the family that enjoys deep sea fishing. The rest humored me and came along for the possibilities Costa Rican fishing offers. Booking the boat was easy enough via email. Deposit made through PayPal. The concierge at our resort got us an upgrade to the 42' Reel In II from the 36' Reel In I. That was great since it offered more room for the family to get out of the sun. The morning went well and we were 34 miles out well before noon. I did manage to catch a Pacific Sailfish before one of the two engines had to be shut down due to overheating. That necessitated an early turn back to Quepos and far less time on the "deep sea" part of the fishing trip.
The crew was great and made the best of the situation. Oscar, the Captain, was very good but had to spend time below deck fooling with the motor. Had he been able to focus on fishing instead of engine maintenance I'm sure he would have moved to other grounds or tried other fishing strategies.
I've been inshore/offshore fishing for over 30 years and have had plenty of days where the fish didn't cooperate. That's part of the game. What I don't appreciate is a boat that's not well maintained. The engine failure directly impacted the quality of our trip and I haven't heard a word from Reel In. Disappointing.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Great Crew nice guys and a great day. Just a shame the fish didn't show up for the party. Would fish with this boat and team again.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

There will always be problems in business. How you deal with them is the true sign of a quality organization. It was our last day in Quepos and we arrived at the docks for what I have been looking forward to for our entire trip deep sea fishing on a luxury boat - only to find out that the boat compressor was down and we would have no air, lights, microwave for food etc. (it was to be 98 that day). A disaster to be sure and I was upset to say the least; but the team at Reel In came to the plate and hit a home run. They offered to take us out the next day on their other larger boat and would handle any transportation or other needs we might have. Then to fill in our now vacant afternoon, they gave us a sunset snorkeling / dinner cruise with their other company, Sunset Cruises. I cannot praise the Reel In team enough. They went above and beyond all expectations to take care of us. Not to forget the exciting next day on the water with Oscar and his fantastic crew and although the fishing was slow by their standards, my wife and I did catch several sail fish and in the end had a wonderful day and great memories, thanks to the Reel In team....WE WILL BE BACK!!

1  Thank John-Jolynn