“Good times with family!”
Review of Canopy Safari

Canopy Safari
More attraction details
Owner description: Canopy Safari provides tourists a full blown adventure tour. Set in the heart of the tropical rainforest we have something for everyone. An exciting canopy zip line tour with ten zip lines, two rapel limes, a suspension bridge and a tarzan swing. We also have a butterfly garden, serpentarium, tilapia fishing ponds, a caimen lagoon, walking trails and a beautiful restaurant where we serve buffet style meals. We were the first canopy tour in the southern area of costa rica and we are still setting the standards for the safest, the best and the most exciting canopy tour in costa rica. Since 1997 we have been taking our guests out into the jungle and providing them with an unforgettable experince that they will always remember. Come and have the experience of a lifetime with us
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Not our first time on a zip line excursion, but lots of fun! The guides were terrific and kept track of all of us, encouraging where needed and teasing where welcome. Our boys (15 & 13) enjoyed this day also. Our older son and I liked going upside down like Spider Man, and we also enjoyed making a front flip off of one platform on our way across! I loved the surprise drop like Tower of Terror at Disney! Despite a light drizzle, we were able to enjoy a terrific day. We even saw a few toucans flying through the tree tops! Arrival drinks of water, coffee and juice were welcome after the long drive, and the post lunch was very tasty!

1  Thank yogamama2011

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I enjoyed the zip lining and the crew was great. I paid cash 40.00 for my pictures to be emailed to me and received nothing. I was given the run around from Carlos as he claimed he didn't have anything that stated I paid. My advise is if you use this company I would make sure you get what you pay for prior to leaving the tour as they cannot be trusted to send anything.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and kids (14, 12, 10, 10) did the zip line adventure with Canopy Safari yesterday, and it was outstanding from beginning to end. Our guide Alex and driver Wendel picked us up from our hotel and narrated an entertaining and informative 45-minute drive through the Costa Rican countryside and into the foothills of the mountains. Cracking jokes and bantering with the passengers in his charming Tico way, Alex taught us about the palm oil plantations we drove by and pointed out a variety of different trees and plants, such as the teak tree with its red staining leaves, used for dyes and henna-like temporary tattoos, and the green and orange striped rainbow tree. The dirt road was a little bumpy but not bad, and Wendel navigated it with aplomb. Upon arriving we were given fresh fruit, water and juice, did a quick tour of the butterfly garden, serpentarium (snakes), and crocodile pond (one somewhat lonely guy), then harnessed up and given a safety lesson. And then the heavens opened up, a not infrequent occurrence in this area in August. No matter! We trekked up the hills, and despite the downpour the well-maintained path was easy to navigate (though it was a bit of a work out; I wouldn't recommend this for people in poor physical shape). Soaked to the bone, but enjoying it, we then started the zip lines. Alex and the rest of the team were professional and detail oriented about getting themselves and us safely and efficiently through each course all the while keeping us entertained. The zip lines, rappel lines, Tarzan swing and Superman ending all were excellent - we even went upside down on some of the zip lines!
When we returned we were served a delicious Tico lunch then driven home. All in all an unforgettable experience - don't come to Manuel Antonio/Quepos without going to Canopy Safari.
-- Rob G., August 15, 2017

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Had a blast with Alex and his crew. I was scared to death but they made it fun and exciting, you don't have time to think about how high up you are! Alex has a great sense of humor which really made the trip. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

What a great experience! We've zip-lined before but these guys made it even better! The zip-lines themselves are amazing, along with the repelling, Tarzan swing & the last one --SUPERMAN!! But Luis, Alex & all the guys made everyone feel at ease with their jokes & easy demeanor! Highly Recommended!!!