“No Pictures and paid 40.00 for nothing”
Review of Canopy Safari

Canopy Safari
More attraction details
Owner description: Canopy Safari provides tourists a full blown adventure tour. Set in the heart of the tropical rainforest we have something for everyone. An exciting canopy zip line tour with ten zip lines, two rapel limes, a suspension bridge and a tarzan swing. We also have a butterfly garden, serpentarium, tilapia fishing ponds, a caimen lagoon, walking trails and a beautiful restaurant where we serve buffet style meals. We were the first canopy tour in the southern area of costa rica and we are still setting the standards for the safest, the best and the most exciting canopy tour in costa rica. Since 1997 we have been taking our guests out into the jungle and providing them with an unforgettable experince that they will always remember. Come and have the experience of a lifetime with us
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I enjoyed the zip lining and the crew was great. I paid cash 40.00 for my pictures to be emailed to me and received nothing. I was given the run around from Carlos as he claimed he didn't have anything that stated I paid. My advise is if you use this company I would make sure you get what you pay for prior to leaving the tour as they cannot be trusted to send anything.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and kids (14, 12, 10, 10) did the zip line adventure with Canopy Safari yesterday, and it was outstanding from beginning to end. Our guide Alex and driver Wendel picked us up from our hotel and narrated an entertaining and informative 45-minute drive through the Costa Rican countryside and into the foothills of the mountains. Cracking jokes and bantering with the passengers in his charming Tico way, Alex taught us about the palm oil plantations we drove by and pointed out a variety of different trees and plants, such as the teak tree with its red staining leaves, used for dyes and henna-like temporary tattoos, and the green and orange striped rainbow tree. The dirt road was a little bumpy but not bad, and Wendel navigated it with aplomb. Upon arriving we were given fresh fruit, water and juice, did a quick tour of the butterfly garden, serpentarium (snakes), and crocodile pond (one somewhat lonely guy), then harnessed up and given a safety lesson. And then the heavens opened up, a not infrequent occurrence in this area in August. No matter! We trekked up the hills, and despite the downpour the well-maintained path was easy to navigate (though it was a bit of a work out; I wouldn't recommend this for people in poor physical shape). Soaked to the bone, but enjoying it, we then started the zip lines. Alex and the rest of the team were professional and detail oriented about getting themselves and us safely and efficiently through each course all the while keeping us entertained. The zip lines, rappel lines, Tarzan swing and Superman ending all were excellent - we even went upside down on some of the zip lines!
When we returned we were served a delicious Tico lunch then driven home. All in all an unforgettable experience - don't come to Manuel Antonio/Quepos without going to Canopy Safari.
-- Rob G., August 15, 2017

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Had a blast with Alex and his crew. I was scared to death but they made it fun and exciting, you don't have time to think about how high up you are! Alex has a great sense of humor which really made the trip. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

What a great experience! We've zip-lined before but these guys made it even better! The zip-lines themselves are amazing, along with the repelling, Tarzan swing & the last one --SUPERMAN!! But Luis, Alex & all the guys made everyone feel at ease with their jokes & easy demeanor! Highly Recommended!!!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My husband and I and our kids, ages 5 and 7, did the zip line with Canopy Safari this past July. I thought they were absolutely excellent! Alex and Luis were lots of fun, but also extremely professional, and made the adults and my kids feel very comfortable. After hearing about some other zip lining experiences from relatives, I was especially impressed with their safety standards. We never had to do our own "braking" on the line (though the adults did get to control the speed on one of the rappels). And we were always "attached" somewhere (we all had 2 clips on our belt, and they would attach you to the platform before releasing your from the zip line, then attach you to the next line before releasing you from the platform). I heard of other zip lines where people were not attached on the platforms, or you had to do some of the braking or securing yourself. They really take care of you here and I did feel very safe. The only exception to this was a final rope bridge you simply walk over, on which you are not attached to anything. I thought this was safe for adults, as there was a rope "railing" at about shoulder level and at about waist level. But, I thought this was not safe for my kids (if they had tripped they could have easily rolled right under the lower rope railing, and it was a long drop). This was the ONLY part of the tour where there seemed to be ANY safety issue, and it seems it could be fixed by just attaching a line next to the bridge that we could all be hooked to. I hope the company is able to fix this, as it was really my only concern. Also, just something for people to be aware of, there are a few places on this course where there is a "drop" where you need to rappel straight down, or step off a platform with a very short bungee type thing catching you and then lowering you. We thought these were scary, but ultimately fun! But I didn't realize this when I booked it. Also, for anyone debating doing this with young kids, my children loved it! My 7 year old had no fear at all, and in the few spots my 5 year old was nervous, I felt like the guides took extra care with her so she was comfortable and had a blast. The butterfly garden, crocodile enclosure, and delicious food were all a great added bonus. Highly recommend.