Review Highlights
The best experience in Corcovado!

My friend and I have done quite a bit research with different agencies (some with higher rankings... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Lang201441
San Jose, California
via mobile
Highlight of my trip

Best trip during my time in Costa Rica. Maikol is an informative guide and clearly well experienced... read more

Reviewed 19 September 2018
Amit C

All reviews keen eye great eye great guide national park his life costa rica his customers day hike osa peninsula corcovado trip pura vida flora and fauna amazing wildlife tour guide la sirena lizards knowledge
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my friend Rebecca went for a 2 nights trip into the corcovado national park, a experience to cherish for the rest of life.
As a naturalist guide, I know that nature is unpredictable and pretty much you need to be ready to go with the flow, but things will go better if you have the company of an expert local guide guide to show you and give you the full information on the things around.
Maikol is a great guide with a remarkable thirst to learn, positive and smart,... So, you will find it easy to enjoy a wonderful advebture with him.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Maikol is a wonderfully knowledgeable guide for Corcovado. He’s patient, smart and funny. I highly recommend him if you’re looking for a great guide.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Maikol met me at the agreed upon time at La Leona lodge and we proceeded “into the wild” having done many nature tours around the world it became quickly clear that Maikol has a keen eye and knows the rainforest like the back of his hand. Excellent English facilitated my acquisition of interesting and useful facts about flora and fauna
Gracias para un paseo perfecto.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Andreas K
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Maikol was recommended to me by a girl who had already visited Corcovado Nationalpark. I booked a two day tour with accommodation in La Sirena. It was a fantastic tour with lots of wildlife. Maikol has a very good knowledge about animals, especially birds. Thanks to his good scope we could see lots of animals even if they were far away. I can absolutely recommend Maikol as a guide.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank denise902017
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Maikol is a terrific guide and a wonderful person. He came recommended by head of the sea turtle program at nearby Piro where our daughter was working for the summer college break. Maikol has spent his entire life on the Osa Peninsula and he seems to know nearly every square inch intimately. He constantly spotted sights and animals we would have simply walked past and his senses of what's going on around us was keen.
He knew a large cat was in the area and explained why it was so quiet in the jungle that day. Still, we saw all four species of monkeys, lots of birds, lizards, several exotic mammals (agouti, coati), blue morpho butterflies and some crazy big spiders! The jungle walk was fairly easy and strolls along the beach and fording a couple of rivers (with a welcome dip!) made the day enjoyable.
Throughout the entire day Maikol was very kind, friendly and knowledgeable. He patiently provided in-depth explanations about the exotic plants and animals and offers personal stories to make you feel part of his family. On the way back we caught up with a puma casually lounging a few yards off the trail. Magnificent!
A truly lovely trip of a lifetime to Costa Rica, with our Corcovado tour with Maikol a major highlight. Thanks again for a great day, Maikol! Pura Vida!

Date of experience: August 2017