All reviews the pearl osa peninsula howler monkeys costa rica other guests night sounds boogie boards open air chef jose ceiling fan pura vida no air conditioning yoga classes we loved our stay rainy season golfo dulce boat tour
Reviewed 16 September 2015

This trip was a gift to myself that was more delightful than I ever imagined. Our hosts, Lauren and Toby, were gracious and accomodating, helpful and fun. The food was sublime, the outdoor yoga decks gave us a view of the salt-water pool or the ocean at sunset. Rooms at the Pearl were immaculate. I met friends on my trip that I cherish and am still in touch with. We were part of a yoga trip with Susan Himml brought us all together for the trip of a life-time that I will never forgot.

Room Tip: Rooms at the Pearl are lovely and I would try a Casitia next time.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
glorialauren, Owner at Iguana Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2015

More people should give a gift to themselves like this!

Yoga retreats are a great way for people to travel, especially if you are single.

I really think one of the great aspects of traveling with a group such as yoga is the friends you make and the good times you have. They are memories that will stay with you. Susan Himml is great yoga retreat for this.

Our staff at Iguana Lodge feel fortunate to provide a place and atmosphere where this happens all the time.

It means a lot to us for you to take the time to write a review about Iguana Lodge. Your effort is very much much appreciated.

Reviewed 6 September 2015

This lodge is top notch from the top down! Lauren & Toby, who own the place, are wonderful & accommodating. The staff, the food, the location, the cabins ... an incredible experience. We had many rooms here and no complaints from a single one. Everything here was wonderful - we stayed for more than a few weeks and everything was very consistent. I even found a dog and adopted her and she was welcome to stay with me on the property until we left, which was very sad that we had to. They even helped me get the papers in order to take the dog back to the United States!! I can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: The cabins are bit more secluded so if you are not used to being immersed in nature perhaps a lovely club room might suit you better.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Jessica D
glorialauren, Owner at Iguana Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2015

Thank you! It really means a lot from a group of people that travel all over the world making films and staying in all kinds of places imaginable.

Because of the size of your crew, you really enjoyed every aspect of Iguana Lodge. Equally my entire staff really enjoyed your film crew for National Geographic.

We do not have many who stay for a month so it really gave everyone here at Iguana Lodge a lot of time to get to know you and your crew. I think there are some life long friendships that come from your stay.

As you know we are very dog (cats too) friendly. The abandoned dog you found and adopted is a lucky one. She really loves you and I know she will a wonderful and loving home in the states.

Reviewed 3 September 2015

Since the first moment I entered to the property, I felt immersed in an wonderful green environment. Peaceful place to stay. Every member of the staff welcome you with a warm smile. The food is delicious. I will recommend Iguana lodge to all my friends, family and commercial network. Thank you so much Lauren and Toby.
Sincerely. ..Eric Víquez

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
glorialauren, Owner at Iguana Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2015

Eric, thank you for you kind comments.

You were really fun to have at Iguana Lodge.

Most people who stay here are on vacation. You and the the Natiional Geographic crew were here for work. We were very lucky that National Geographic chose us an operations base to make a film about the Osa Peninsula.

One of the great benefits of working here is being to enjoy Iguana Lodge, its surroundings and the Osa Peninsula.

Please come back soon and again thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

My recent stay at Iguana Lodge with a friend for four nights far exceeded my expectations. Peninsula de Osa is remote but there was enough to do for the four days there; we enjoyed a walking tour with a naturalist, kayaking in the mangroves and a boat ride on the Golfo Dulce to see whales, dolphins and wildlife sanctuary. (We did not go to Corcovado) The waves at the beach, seen from the restaurant, were manageable, the black sand hot. I was not interested in yoga class but was able to use the open air yoga studio for some stretching and exercise on my own. The pool is beautiful and relaxing in perfect setting as pictured on website.

The accommodations were excellent, in such good eco taste, plastic free and no air con. We had the package of a casita with lodge meals, but had lunch at the Pearl restaurant. The screened casitas kept the bugs out but let in the night sounds of the creatures of the environment. I loved that! We were not bothered by mosquitos day or night. We were there mid August, beginning of rainy season, but mornings were clear enough for tours while we enjoyed the afternoon rain having come from drought stricken California.

From my previous trip to other parts of Costa Rica, I understood one doesn’t travel there for food, but rather different environments, wildlife and friendly people, so I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent food and choices available at the lodge and restaurant. All the staff were helpful and friendly, the chef top notch, the owners Lauren and Toby on site and helpful in rearranging tours as tides and weather indicated.

Lauren provided recommendation for taxi tour service in San Jose and a restaurant, which made our last day in CR enjoyable as we had several hours before flight departure that night.

I highly recommend Iguana Lodge if you are traveling to that part of the Osa Peninsula. We went to relax, and we did.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for such a wonderful and comprehensive review. Coming from drought stricken California, your stay was clearly a breath of fresh air.

I am so glad that you found Iguana Lodge to have the right balance between relaxing and enjoying the activities that we have on the Osa Peninsula.

To exceed your expectations is quite a hallmark for us. We are lucky to have such a great staff that make your experience so personal and enjoyable.

As you noted we are very attuned to the "eco" aspect of our lodge, trying to minimize the environmental impact from plastics to energy use.

I am so glad you enjoyed the "rainy season." There is the preconception of torrential rains, sweltering days and restless nights. You enjoyed the real "rainy season": sunny days with late afternoon showers, cooler days and bug free nights. The sounds are incredible and soothing.

You clearly enjoyed the food. We are foodies and feel that our food is unique and an essential feature to Iguana Lodge.

For some one who takes the time to write a review like this is really incredible. Thank you so much and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

Everything is perfect, everything is beautiful, everything is charming.
We were not in a hotel but as sharing the guest house. Friends who besides being friendly, smiling and helpful serve great food.
Thanks for all!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am so happy you had an amazing time!

I agree that Iguana Lodge is the perfect choice for a tranquil and serene holiday.

The beauty of Iguana Lodge is taking advantage of the Osa Peninsula's natural beauty and combining it with the hard work and talent of our staff.