“Fun, friendly and fabulous food”
Review of Mocha's Monchis

Mocha's Monchis
Ranked #11 of 45 Restaurants in Montezuma
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Description: Mocha's is a locally owned BBQ restaurant. Mocha is a local fisherman that has grown up in the Montezuma town. His goal is to provide only the freshest of ingredients in all of his meals which include Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Menu's. The dinner menu varies daily according to the catch of the day guaranteeing a party in your mouth. The restaurant is open air and right off of the main road.
Reviewed 6 August 2018

The cook is amazing, gives samples and checks to be sure our food was satisfactory.
Waitress very personable

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was right beside my hotel and was my favourite place to have lunch. It is so hot in Montezuma that a light salad was perfect. I would always get their "Ensalada de la casa", which is the house salad with chicken and a nice cold glass of lemonade with mint. Sooo good! My waitress was very nice, the restaurant is run by ticos so you know you are getting the real deal. They specialize in BBQ dishes served in the evening, which I heard are delicious!

Reviewed 15 February 2018

It is probably a 3.5, but you can't do half's on trip adviser. I was skeptical when I went in and saw the gas grill. I have nothing against gas grills, but all the other places have wood grills and I prefer those. Ceviche was great, but their home made bread did not work with it. The bread is good, but would have needed to be grilled if you were going to serve it with ceviche. My wife and I ordered mahi mahi and whole sea bass.They were both cooked in tin foil. That is not BBQ or grilling. They both were under cooked and had to be sent back. The portions were very large and were very good once they were cooked through.Juan the cook is a very nice guy and took care of the situation professionally. The only appetizer is ceviche, I would have liked to see a few more choices, like a small order of ribs. I would go there again, I just wanted everyone to know it not all grilled, ask for it cooked well done and don't expect a lot of appetizers (and ask for the bread grilled with ceviche).

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Had an excellent meal here.
Loved the BBQ meat, I had ribs which were so good. The burgers looked amazing.
Prices were reasonable, service was great, location very central.
Definitely worthwhile to eat here if you are in Montezuma.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank trip-chick-munich
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

This is my second day in a row here. Great happy hour amazing food and amazing staff. The chef is friendly and helpful with suggestions of fish to order. I will be back tomorrow :)