All reviews downtown quepos the penthouse costa rica new marina wonderful hosts manuel antonio park home away from home living room ocean view short drive nice pool boutique hotel pura vida zip lining steep hill white faced monkeys catalina
Reviewed 4 March 2015 via mobile

If I had have stayed anywhere else in Manuel Antonio/quepos I don't think I would ever go back. This hotel, however, is a port in a storm. It is beautiful, secluded, and run by people who actually care. On our first night the owner, Gary, cooked me the best meal I had in Costa Rica. He cooks because he love cooking. This attitude continues throughout the facility. Something which cannot be said of anything I witnessed beyond the walls. It is a tourist town and the only reason I would ever go again is to stay at las cascadas. Perfect stay.

• Stayed: February 2015
2  Thank Gojohnnylegg
Condotel L, Front Office Manager at Las Cascadas The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2015

Your review has put the biggest smile on our faces! Thanks for the beautiful compliment!
We are a smaller hotel so we constantly aim to stand out in unique ways compared to the bigger hotels in the surrounding area. We strive for unforgetable customer service and we love when people fall in love with our seculuded jungle and ocean views!
We call ourselves Quepos best secret but of course you are more than welcome to tell friends and family! Even bring them along the next time you visit!
Thanks again so much!
-Melissa, Reception, Las Cascadas

Reviewed 4 March 2015

Gary and Catalina have built an amazing destination that magnificently conveys their love for the area. The minute you pull up to their Condotel you are transported to tranquility. This is our 6th trip to Costa Rica and our first to Quepos....didn't know what to expect. Customs took us much longer than usual so didn't get on the road from SJO til much later. Drive from SJO to Quepos is intense with the curvy roads and all but we did half of it in the dark and that was exceptionally tough. Arriving here was just the type of destination we needed.

The Penthouse became our home and we loved it! You do have a reasonable hike up to the room -- but if you are in good shape, should not be a problem. The view is superb and waking up to ocean and wilderness views can't be beat.

The best and most unexpected surprise came in the meals. Breakfast was always good but the dinners were amazing. Gary personally prepares them -- all fresh and delicious..

Overall, Las Cascadas is very clean, inviting and restful. Great pool quickly heals the soul and so do the margaritas!

We hope to come back!

Thank you to Gary, Catalina and Melissa

Room Tip: Penthouse is amazing!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sylmontg
Condotel L, Owner at Las Cascadas The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2015

Thanks so much for the beautiful review It makes it all worthwhile when our guests can see and appreciate what it took to create this little paradise .I am glad to have been part of a great vacation . Come back soon We are always adding something new.

Reviewed 3 March 2015 via mobile

Stayed in the PH with my parents for a week. The room was nice with a really great kitchen and AC. The staff actually constructed a temporary bed for me; not just a cot or air mattress which was very nice.

There are many steps to the PH or you can walk up a slight rocky hill behind the bar and pool; which was better. Bring a flashlight.

The staff were extremely friendly and over accommodating; IE my mom asked for a small glass of milk for our room for her morning tea as we hadn't gone to the store yet. She of course forgot to ask again at the end of dinner and 10mins into getting back to the room, lovely Melissa brought the milk up! Catalina remembered and asked Melissa to bring it which was really great.

Some things stopped functioning like the AC and water, but were immediately fixed once letting the staff know. It's quite hot, at least for me, so I was unfortunately in need of the air conditioned room more than the pool actually. But the condotel was very nice.

Stayed: March 2015
Reviewed 28 February 2015

This was an amazing place. A bit hidden, but I'm glad we found it! When you drive up the road to get there at first it appears you might be in the wrong place - it's very residential, but once you reach the gates, you know you're in the right place! The location is an easy walk to downtown Quepos and a fairly quick drive to Manual Antonio (the bus from Quepos is crazy cheap - like $.75 or something!).

We stayed in one of the canopy suites. Amazing view, and definitely a trek to get to, but worth it (and nice exercise). They take care of bringing your luggage up, so no problems there. The room was fairly small, but comfortable and we loved having our own patio outside.

The staff were all great and we enjoyed chatting with them. It is a family owned property and they make you feel right at home. I recommend having at least one meal there - it was delicious and beautifully prepared.

We were sad not too see any monkeys around, but apparently they come by (along with other cool creatures) quite often, so there's a good chance you will see some nice wildlife.

We were sad to leave this magical place, but I recommend anyone looking for a place to stay in the area to check this place out!

Room Tip: Only choose the canopy suite if you a prepared for a few daily mini hikes. Otherwise there are plenty of lovely rooms that are much easier to get to :)
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank summerrhi
Reviewed 22 February 2015 via mobile

Booked this hotel to spend Valentine's weekend with my girlfriend and really enjoyed the "condotel" experience. Gary, Catalina and Claudia were phenomenal, so was Gary's and Catalina's son (sorry little guy forgot your name). The condo is very nice, especially the living room and kitchen. It was very useful to have a kitchen since we decided to have our dinner for Valentines and not deal with the crowds at restaurants.

Some people complained about the neighborhood getting to the hotel but I think that is one of the great features of Costa Rica. An egalitarian society where the well being of its inhabitants is spread through all levels of society and thus lacks a big wealth gap like in other countries (i.e. Jamaica). Hotel and locals living in harmony close to each other.

I enjoyed my experience at Las Cascadas and so will you!

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DiegoATL
Condotel L, Owner at Las Cascadas The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2015

Thanks for staying with us and thanks for such a nice review. There definatly is romance in the air here and we have become a very popular honeymoon destination also . If you are looking for a romantic adventure we recomend our tree top canopy suites and Dome honeymoon suite . For something a bit more sofisticated have a look at our Penthouse suite .
Thanks again for choosing Las Cascadas for your special occasion