3 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (3 879)
3 879 results
2 759
2 759
All reviews monkey trail vista suite tour desk costa rica garden room premium room swim up bar breakfast buffet upgraded to a suite howler monkeys adult pool manuel antonio national park main restaurant main pool small beach free shuttle resident sloth
Selected filters
45 - 50 of 3 879 reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2021

We are currently still staying here at the resort in the Vista Suites as I write this. We still have 5 days left here and I can only give my highest recommendation for someone looking to stay here. I've stayed in resorts across Europe and the the Mediterranean, and this is the best by far.

We love wildlife, warmth, and flora and fauna, and chose Parador because of the availability of these. It is, without a doubt, a place that provides all of the above. Coming here i wanted to see a monkey, a sloth, a toucan, a snake, a macaw, and a lizard. I wanted to feel the hot son and take in views of both the Pacific and the land mass of Costa Rican mountains and valleys. I wanted to hike through unmolested wilderness.

We've only been here 4 days, and we've already seen all of the above plus extras! The property itself is divided into two areas: the resort and the wild area where hiking trails are.

You don't even need to leave the resort area to see wildlife! Capuchin Monkeys will come right up to the pools eat mangos from the trees while you wade. There must be at least 6 capuchins here. There are also at least 3 spider monkeys and one howler monkey on the property, but i don't think the howler comes close to the pools. It usually hangs out in the wild area. Be it certainly is makes it's presence known! The very first day, within minutes of walking the wild trails, a boa constrictor lazily made it's way across the path in front of us, then up a tree. I've never seen this in the States!

The hotel is constantly overflown by large cultures circling high up over the water and land. Best of all, macaws, in their loving pairs, fly over head in the late afternoon! They are loud, alerting you to their presence, giving you time to look up at their spectacular and vibrant colors. All the while, a toucan will be sitting in a tree by the pool eating berries. Not to mention parakeets and other types of birds flying about the resort.

If you tire of watching the active monkeys, feel free to gaze lazily at the two sloths, who hang out in a couple of trees right next to the pool! There are iguanas for sure, and small pale geckos. We saw a small black snake on a walking path and a mammal of some sort the size of a small dog. It reminded me of a small capubara but wasn't.

The Manuel Antonio Park is a short ride down the mountain where we saw a dozen capuchins, a howler, bright orange fungi, and a 3 foot long pale green snake within the first hour. Be certain to take plenty of water as the humidity on the trail quickly becomes thick.

We're from Indiana, and right now at home if i were to go outside I'd be swarmed by mosquitoes. THERE ARE NO MOSQUITOES HERE! Honestly, i saw two flying around during our stay so far, but the lack of bugs in general has me flummoxed. Even in the park we weren't accosted by bugs! I have no idea how this is possible, but we can't with 3 cans of bug spray and haven't needed even a squirt!

The staff here are wonderful and nice and cheerful. I only wish i was not a dumb American and spoke fluent Spanish. I took Arabic which i promptly more forgot and my girlfriend took German, be which she forgot. We know a few words but the we've spoken to speak English perfectly well.

Yerald in the Don Juan bar is a good jovial fellow and the staff who serves breakfast are always at attention ready for you. Tips are included in the bill but be certain to give a tip in cash. Several of the servers literally work all day and all night. I hope they are paid and tipped well.

The resort is very large and there are plenty of places to swim and sit and get different views of the surrounding landscape.

If you love wildlife and spectacular views, and to be treated with respect, you need to stay here.

They do require masks and take sanitation very seriously. Respect the staff by wearing your mask in hallways and when walking around people. No need to wear mask in pool or while eating.

Do yourself a favor and stay here. Believe me you won't regret it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marianella Sandi, Guest Services / Front Office at Parador Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Dear AdamJ1363,
We so appreciate you taking the time to share such a detailed review with us on this platform, feedback is very important to us, and this is valuable information for future travelers. Thank you for the personal shout outs to our teammates, we are motivated by helping our guests create memorable experiences to relive and share for years to come.
We know your departure is near, and do hope you will add us to your plans in the future, there are always new activities to discover within our property and in the neighboring areas of Manuel Antonio and Quepos.
Pura vida from the team here at Parador Resort & Spa

Reviewed 10 June 2021

This was our second trip to Parador. This trip we decided to get married -as a pseudo elopement -during COVID . We were able to easily plan a wedding, with Harold, a month before the event. everything was taken care of with a few minor details from us. We had a beautiful room with a spectacular view. We saw wildlife and birds everyday and it was hard to leave the resort- usually we venture out more but the location had us spoiled. No hotel is perfect although this one comes close. One must keep in mind that you are in the jungle so there will be some insects and geckos at night -but that didn’t bother us.
Minor criticisms include:
1) La Fragata restaurant never seemed to be open either time we’ve been here- not sure if it’s based on occupancy
2) for an American the scrambled eggs on the breakfast buffet were too runny. Solve that problem with an omelette ;)
3) my only regret for the wedding was that I didn’t ask anyone to iron or steam my dress. There was an iron in the room but my dress was satin and I was afraid to burn it

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear lepeka2176,
We are truly honored that you chose Parador Resort & Spa to celebrate such a special occasion! Harold and the team absolutely love hosting weddings, and we are so happy to hear we were able help create a magical day.
We would have been more than happy to steam your dress for you! Yes, you're right, La Fragata, the restaurant located on the suites building, is open based on occupancy, we hope you'll be able to enjoy it during your next visit.
Now that you are repeat customers, we would love to be a part of creating even more memories for years to come! We can't wait to see you again.
All the best from Harold and the entire staff at Parador Resort & Spa

Reviewed 7 June 2021

Parador is extremely gorgeous and breathtaking. The staff were amazingly friendly and met our every need. Being placed seemingly within nature itself, the experience of Costa Rica's natural beauty is all around you as you walk around Parador's campus. There is a monkey trail, built within the campus, for one to see live monkeys with a few minute walk from your room! There are three pools, from which there are also very nice views. Amazingly, mini-golf and tennis are also options for activities on campus!

There is Spanish architecture within the buildings and also outside along the walking paths as well, and this is a very unique aspect of Parador. Cool historical artifacts are within the buildings on display.

The main dining hall has the most wonderful view across palm trees and into the ocean itself. The complimentary breakfast is very filing for someone with a high appetite. The dinners are high class, and the lunch menu fills your every "bar food" craving.

We had an ocean-view vaulted-ceiling room, a jacuzzi on the patio of our room. There are extra pillows already on the bed, and the pillows are extra fluffy! Room service was a dial away.

Highly, highly recommend!!!

Room tip: Ocean view, vaulted ceiling, with a jacuzzi on the outdoor patio.
Date of stay: May 2021
Marianella Sandi, Guest Services / Front Office at Parador Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Dear MillerLaw11,

We love the way you describe our resort and grounds, you really captured the spirit of our beloved Parador! Thank you for your patronage and recommendation. It goes without saying that we´d love to host you again with friends and family, to celebrate special occasions, or just to get away from it all for a few days.

Best regards from all of us here at Parador Resort & Spa, your home in Manuel Antonio

Reviewed 6 June 2021

The Hotel Parador exceeded all my expectations. Great breakfast, great people and service. The several pools were beautiful and clean. Good parking. Near the best little cove beach. Just short walk down the hill. The room was nice and the patio ocean view was great. A monkey ran across it while we were having coffee. Lots of monkeys race through the trees in the early morning. The monkey trail forest in back of the resort was beautiful. Minor issues: 1 lane road is a little tricky right before you get to the resort. Dinner was a little pricey, but the pool drinks were very reasonable. Overall, one of the best run resorts I’ve ever stayed at.

Date of stay: May 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear HoustonFamily1,

We are in the business of exceeding expectations! How wonderful to read your comments. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to hosting you again. There is so much to see and do on property as well as in the neighboring areas of Manuel Antonio and Quepos. You can be as active or as relaxed as you like, while you create memories with your loved ones to relive again and again.

All the best from the team at Parador Resort & Spa

Reviewed 5 June 2021

I felt very welcome as soon as I arrived. Everyone I met was lovely and kind. I enjoyed gorgeous views of the Pacific Ocean, wild monkeys that eat mangoes and play in the trees, sloths, iguanas and great birds. The hospitality was truly wonderful. I will definitely return!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear athomley,

We truly appreciate your patronage and you sharing your thoughts with us and the users of this platform. We are in awe every day of the fauna we get to share this space on earth with, their interactions are truly joyous to behold.
We look forward to hosting you again in the near future, let us know how we can make your next stay an even more enjoyable and memorable one.

Pura Vida from the team at Parador Resort & Spa