All reviews art gallery rooms are huge gondola restaurant local artists costa rica a small kitchen area the main road yogurt bus stop sitting area national park coffee maker beautiful hotel squirrel monkeys breakfast was delicious walk in shower road noise
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Our room was big and clean and, as someone who is sensitive to scents, I was happy to find that the bedding and room didn't smell of chemicals at all (I had requested ahead of time to avoid strong scents, so I'm not sure if that's why, but it was such a relief after some bad experiences).

The staff were very welcoming at reception. The art was beautiful in the reception area. The pool was beautiful, surrounded by nature and the frequent call of scarlet macaws which could frequently be seen flying overhead. I enjoyed the two pools. We often had it to ourselves - maybe because we were there in June and it wasn't as busy.

Unfortunately, the hot tub was out of service the two nights I was there, but a repairman seemed to be working on it. Also there was a bit of construction up on the second floor balcony- it was noisy so a lot of the birds and other wildlife that may normally have been around the pool was probably scared off. However, squirrel monkeys came to visit the patio area one afternoon.

The room itself is spacious, with a fridge and microwave and a free bag of popcorn each day and a very large washroom, and our room had a nice private balcony which led out to the pool deck which was lovely - even when it rained we had a covered area that we could sit outside in and enjoy the view of the forest from.

Parking is available, though it's on a curvy road with cars speeding to and from the beach and so we tried to reverse park as much as possible on arrival at the hotel, so that we didn't have to worry about being able to back out with traffic whizzing around the corner. It was about a 5-10 minute drive to the public beach and Manuel Antonio Park gates.

Roger provided a tour of the park one morning and he is a professional biologist and, with his help, we saw way more wildlife than we could have hoped to see on our own. Highly recommend him.

For breakfast, coffee and juice was provided and I had an omelette from the menu both days which I really enjoyed - it came with fruit and toast as well.

I would definitely come back here again. Highly recommend! Great value for the price.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2018

We booked this hotel through a tour company, and the pictures they had sent us were taken before the renovations of Plaza Yara. When we got to the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised to see how quaint the hotel had become! The hotel 'lobby' is a beautiful art gallery, and after checking in, Roger gave us a tour of the hotel, showing us the pool area, the breakfast area, and our rooms. That in itself made the hotel a personalized experience! The rooms, which were recently updated, were very accommodating, and included a kitchenette with a sink, microwave, coffee pot, and small refrigerator. The bathrooms were clean, modern and spacious as well. The views, from our floor-to-ceiling windows, were of the rain forest right outside our room, and we saw toucans, macaws, a spider monkey, and an aguti. We were traveling with family and friends, so they gave us rooms in the two-story, detached building, that we accessed with a separate key. The hotel staff is all very helpful and kind, the breakfast was delicious, and the hotel itself is very safe. We highly recommend hiring Roger as a tour guide to go through Manuel Antonio National Park! We saw so much wildlife we wouldn't have seen on our own, and we were able to take pictures and videos on our cell phones through his telescope. The highlight of the park tour was getting video of a 3-toed sloth actually moving in the trees! As far as transportation, we walked during the day, and either took an Uber or a taxi at night. There are several beautiful beaches in the area, and no shortage of restaurants with great food and amazing sunset views!

Room Tip: All rooms have an amazing view of the rain forest!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank vanalvarez
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Stayed 3 nights and was a nice experience eventually.

Pluses:
-Spacious, well appointed rooms;
-Powerful air conditioner;
-Clean bathroom + ample shower;
-Manager of the property is a guide for Manuel Antonio NP and his truly 5* - I'd highly recommend take a tour with him as we saw many tourists wandering around not even knowing the birds/animals that were roaming around them (we managed to spot them thanks to him).

Minuses:
-Breakfast somewhat limited but OK;
-WIFI worked well downstairs only, especially in the "business lounge" of the property, In the room it couldn't be utilised because it was too slow;
-Mattresses not of excellent quality I am afraid, caused me back-pain.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mario P
Reviewed 24 June 2018

This lovely boutique hotel really made our stay in this area perfect. The staff are so kind and helpful. Special thanks to Javier.. The breakfast is not buffet, but cooked to order and is delicious and quick. The rooms are really spacious and well equipped. We saw more animal and bird life from the pool deck than we did in Manuel Antonio park, including a close up of a mother sloth and her baby. Also, the hotel arrinaged for us to go to the hotel next door (the Gaia) to see the feeding of the Scarlet Macaws, which we had been unable to see anywhere else up close. Fabulous stay. Highly recommended

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

If I could give this place 10 stars I would. The hotel itself is beautiful inside. The workers are so nice and helpful! They provided information on cheaper ways of travel, activities, and helped my friend when she fell and cut her leg!! They provided milk, coffee and popcorn for free! Not to mention, even when I went to check out they gave us the cutest gift. I would come back here for sure. I loved it :)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends