“Good ceviche!”

Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Takeout
Description: Get to know the original Tacobar, the beloved Costa Rican chain from Jaco Beach that brought the beach to the city! Try our world famous tacos made to order from the freshest ingredients, prime Costa Rican coffee, all-you-can-eat exotic salad bar, and lots of other delicious options on our ever growing menu! Our unique design invites customers to enjoy our famous bar swings and cool music in a beach like atmosphere. As Costa Ricans like to say: Estamos para servirle - We are here to serve you! Pura Vida
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I visited the Taco Bar with my girlfriend's for lunch. I had ceviche 8nstead of tacos and I'm glad I did! The cebiche was great! My girls friends thought the tacos were ok howvever I was happy with my meal.

OBTW, the Sangria, you must try it. Yummy! We we're all satisfied. There are three to chose from. Blanco, red and dark berry. Since there were three of us, we ordered all three. I loved the dark berry.

Tacobar C, Guest Relations Manager at Tacobar Jaco Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thanks for visiting us, we hope you come back soon and get to try our flavored Mojitos as well, I recommend the mango mojito (-;

Write a ReviewReviews (1 964)

53 - 57 of 1 964 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My friend and I visited Tacobar a few times. There truly is something for everyone on the vast menu, and there is a nice little salad bar included with meals, offering rice, pasta salad, salsas and other goodies. Seating is in a little open-air courtyard, secluded from the street & sidewalk.
Food is super fresh & delicious, and if you are a carb-conscious diner, they have bowls.
Dinner for two is around $25-35, and American dollars are accepted.

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Originally stopped to have a quick beer. The relaxing swings and great customer service lead to dinner and a great night out for my family. Food was amazing! Great selections (some are vegetarian), delicious food and fun dining experience. We had a blast! This place is doing it right!

Thank you for this lovely review, we loved the title! we just might steal it (-;

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped for fish tacos... red snapper, tuna and mahi mahi... they were excellent! Great atmosphere and friendly...

Thanks for visiting us Lori, so glad you loved the food. Next time try our new tempura shrimp taco, it's DELICIOUS

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Love this restaurant!!! The food was awesome! The swings are fun as well!
They open early for breakfast, so we were able to eat before our tours.

Thanks for your comments Eric, we open at 7am for breakfast and at the 1st of July we launched a new special 2X1 breakfast promotion from 7am to 11am on 3 menu items each day!