“Horrible service”

Salsa Brava Beach Bar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Went here for lunch and ordered food. This place has horrible service, staff don't seem to care about their customers, and the food isn't great either and it's all overpriced. Upside is they have a fantastic location right on the beach and good music playing. If they had better food and service it could be a top spot.

Waited several minutes to be acknowledged at the bar to order. Was told that ingredients for my drink weren't available (coconut milk). Asked for a glass of something else and was upsold to a bottle without being asked. I ordered the appetizer of patacones with refried beans, guacamole and Pico de Gallo. I waited 45min before being told something that made no sense followed by its coming. An hour later I had my food. The guacamole was about a tablespoon, the beans were awful , I couldn't eat them. And to top it off the table next to us ordered the same dish and got it in less than 10mins. No apologies from the staff, no explanation or discount offered.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

I came her for an afternoon cocktail. It was a fantastic spot to sit and have a drink by the very edge of the beach.

The service wasn't super fast and they didn't have the right ingredients for a Pina Colada, however the alternative was a good'un. There was a DJ playing loud reggae music and the promise of a proper reggae club night later. I left before the sunset but staff were switching on the disco lights.

Later in the evening - about 10pm we came back. Now I did visit during low season but, despite the music still playing, the place was deserted. To one side of the bar on the beach itself were a few chairs (so not strictly speaking in the bar) and the barman there was chatting to a couple of other people and they were smoking... um, something. Probably shouldn't say. You know.

We wanted a beer so we sat at the bar and it took a few minutes for the barman to meander over. He sort of said something that didn't make any sense, took about seven hours to open two beers (time stretches out when you're thirsty and there's an imminent beer) having got distracted by some piece of dirt under his fingernail or something, eventually gave us the beer, asked for the money straight away and then walked off.

My friend and I had a good chat, the music ended, we finished our beer and the barman promptly closed up. Perhaps it was really strong, um, tobacco. Yes that's what it was. Possibly tobacco. Something that burns in rolled up cigarette paper anyway. I could be wrong. Am I wrong. I could be wrong.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

A guy served us who seemed to have only just begun working there. We asked him what happy hour entailed for cocktails and he said he would go ask. He came back and showed us the drink menu and said cocktails 2 for 1. We then asked him how about beers and he asked again and said 2 for 1 also. We sat here for an hour or so and each had three beers. When we went to pay the guy who had served us had left and the supervisor was taking care of our bill. He was charging us for each beer and insisted that they weren’t included in happy hour. When we said that we had been told by a staff member that they were he refused to reason with us and just insisted we pay full price. It wasn’t so much about the money but more about how rude he was, refusing to take responsibility for his staff. I wouldn’t recommend going here.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Great place, nice music (most of the time dj present) and cocktails are nice. Came here a couple of times, never dissapointed!