“Excellent cocktails ”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Italian, Fusion
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We went here for our last dinner in Puerto Viejo and we saved the best till last! I had the gnocchi which I thought tasted like it had come straight out of Italy. My boyfriend got the chicken burger which was also very tasty. The brownie cup for dessert was also a real treat. They have a huge cocktail menu! The bar man is very talented and brought us over the extras that he had made rather than throwing it out, meaning we ended up having about 4 cocktails when we only ordered two! Fantastic! The service was very polite and friendly, overall such a lovely dining experience, especially when you are sitting in a lantern lit balcony watching the world go by.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

This was my favourite place to eat in our 10 night stay in Puerto Viejo so good ate here 3 times, and the cocktails were defantly the best! Each meal we had was well prepared cooked fresh and full of flavour, the service was great and we were always made to feel extremely welcome Chiara and Andres you have a fantastic place here and made me and my husband have a great time ! Well worth a vist see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Came in to feel out the area and Immediately felt positive.

My friend had the house made breadfruit gnocchi (vegan) and I had the curry seabass. Her gnocchi disappeared before I could get a pic.

The food was delicious and the service was even better. Andres and team are doing everything right here. Definitely my favorite spot in town.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

I spent 2 weeks in Puerto Viejo and this was the only terrible experience I had. Besides my table, I witnessed another table get kicked out of the restaurant because the restaurant had overbooked and decided to make room for larger parties. The owner advised us in the middle of dinner that we had to give up our table and leave. She was not polite or even quiet about it. The whole restaurant was watching as if we had done something wrong. There are so many restaurants with good people working in this town. I don't understand how a place like this can survive. Its unfortunate that I have to give even one star to this establishment.

2  Thank n0nameideas
madretierra2014, Proprietario at Madre Tierra Puerto Viejo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hi, my name is Chiara and I am the owner of the restaurant.
How I answered your boyfriend, in the other review.
We simply asked to finish your cocktails sitting at the bar.
We only have 4 tables... It’s not unusual for clients who finished eating to get up and go the bar on their own to make space for guests who just got there and want to eat.
I am sorry we couldn’t explain to you and your partner that we didn’t want to kick you out of the restaurant at all.

Have a great life and good vibes
Chiara y Andres

Reviewed 14 May 2018

This is my go-to place if I want a good meal with a great atmosphere and a crow's nest view of the side street spectacle on the breezy second floor, yet not on the main street with all the noise. The cocktails are excellently prepared, and every meal I've had has become my latest favorite one.