“He is just the best!”

Surf the Jungle Surf School & Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Surf & Adventures tours. Come visit us in the heart of Puerto Viejo. Our certified surf instructors and tour guides are locals that will connect you directly the best experiences of the caribbean coast. Experience surf lessons, surf courses, fishing tours, snorkel the reefs, kayaking along the coast or the rivers and creeks into the lush jungle, paddle boarding, jungle hiking, waterfall tours, bike trail, yoga, visit the indigenous communities and experience pre columbian culture. English and Spanish spoken We look forward to meeting you !
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Both me and my husband had lessons from Misael and both of us could catch quite some waves pretty soon..he is just the best! Chill friendly and very encouraging..he has been surfing all his life..all the best to him!

All reviews
"jungle"
in 15 reviews
"classes"

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Not being a great swimmer I had a lot of trepidation about trying surfing. From the moment Misael picked us up at our hotel, I knew my fears were all for naught.

Misael is a surfing guru. Hes been doing it for almost his whole life. He takes you to a beautiful beach with no rocks, and because you never have to go above your head, drowning is impossible.

He teaches in such a relaxed manner, and easily gets across the basics. He also has a very keen eye and immediately spots your biggest problem, and shows you how to fix it. But he does this in a very encouraging way. Every time I caught a wave today, he seemed as happy as me, which is saying something!

And after the lesson, he cut up some of the most delicious pineapple I've ever had, and was even kind enough to drive us into town, where it seems almost everyone knows him.

Simply put, I don't know how anyone could find a better instructor or a cooler guy. I never thought I would surf, and because of Misael - I did the impossible! Anyone that gives him less than 5 stars is probably crazy or lying.

Book it - you won't regret it!

1  Thank Troy M
Reviewed 3 November 2017

My friend and I absolutely loved our first surflessons with misael! He is patient and explains very good all the important stuff you need to know when going on a surfboard. He is very passionate about his job and eager to teach other people. I would recommend everyone to book a session with him. pura vida!

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Misael is an amazing teacher. Passioned about what he does. He just wants the best for you and is not chasing after the money. You can feel very safe because the sea is his home and he knows how to handle it. I am taking classes every week for 3 months and we always find a date to surf. its always fun and exciting and every time I get to learn something new. So don't even think about booking a different surf school than this one. PURA VIDA